Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Another Tablet question….
  • restless
    Free Member

I need to buy a 10 inch tablet as a gift and I have up to £200 to spend, £250 if necessary, but really don’t want to go that high.

I don’t know where to start looking or what to look for. 😕
    I have tried looking online but am getting confused about androids and gingerbreads and the different brands, don’t know whats good and what isn’t. 😳

I have a few things on the wishlist though;
    10 inch as the smaller ones are too small
    USB port
    wifi, as thats what we use at home.

Can anyone least recommend something?
    Thanks in advance 😀

Kato

Does it have to be new? I have an absolutely mint, boxed Motorola Xoom and bluetooth keyboard I could be persuaded to sell. Bearly used it if I’m honest, it’s about 6 months old

restless
    Free Member

Yes as it’s a birthday present, thanks for the offer though 🙂

Kato

In that case, if you’re going for Android you want Honeycomb as that was Android that was specifically developed for tablets. I found that I rarely used mine though, apart from on the train. Prefered my laptop tbh

toby1

Andriod is the operating system you are most likely to end up with at that price point. Different versions of it are named after different sweet foods, hence gingerbread, honeycomb, ice-cream-sandwich.

There are 2 main distinctions between tablets ipads and many others are capacitive whereas some cheaper models are resistive. There is apparently a difference in use.

Amazon reviews are quite helpful – there are a lot of options out there. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Another Tablet question….’ is closed to new replies.