Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 178 total)
  • Annual Festive 500 Thread
  • whytetrash

Slackers…Matt Page has finished…one big ride!

MrSparkle

The Welsh Dynamo! Respect.
    I managed 80 miles. Sketchy first thing and fooking Baltic later. Especially the bit where I got a puncture… 😐

reluctantjumper

Going to have a go at this, mainly as I have lots of time to fill and I can do the majority of it on Zwift. Not competing for a physical badge means it doesn’t feel like cheating too. 70k done today, will try and do 2hr sessions each morning and a 1hr/real ride in the afternoon. Might even chuck in a few 100k attempts too.

karnali
    Free Member

Started with 20k on zwift which won’t upload to Strava, then went out IRL, 5 k to meet s couple of friends, had a coffee road home, very icy. Back on zwift managed to get in 83, of which 64 are logged, was hoping for better, nothing tomorrow, maybe a long zwift sat then try and get outdoors again

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Well after missing out last year due to recovering from a broken shoulder blade I threw my hat into the ring with a 167 km ride today on the TT bike. Sub zero temps first thing so kept to the main roads that were gritted well. Hoping to complete the challenge in 3 rides, last time I did it in 2018 I did it in two massive rides but this year due to COVID it won’t be possible ( 160miles plus would mean I’d have to go well into Cumbria, a tier 2 area so I don’t feel comfortable doing it) hopefully do another Ton on Sunday then another 100miler next week should see me right.

Although I’ve done loads of miles on Zwift I personally don’t feel it’s right doing the Rapha500 on it. To me the challenge is going out in all weathers, having the grit and determination to complete the challenge in horrible conditions.

crazy-legs

Harsh frost overnight here, was down to about -4. It’s warmed up to a positively tropical -1 now and it’s a stunning day but I’m going to wait a while longer before braving any of the lanes or trails around here.

mrmo
    Free Member

only 35km today, didn’t fancy risking the road bike. It was cold enough to be icy but not cold enough to deal with the mud offroad. total of 150km now. Looking at the forecast today should be the only icey day, Back on the road tomorrow.

neila

70k yesterday then out at 6 this morning, 40k done but kept to the A roads. The lanes round my way (Gloucestershire) were treacherous, -2 to -4 indicated on the Garmin. Hopefully warmer tomorrow to get a longer one in.

MrSparkle

Nipped out this aft and got 37 miles in.

schmiken

Ticked off another 35 to take my total to 166km so far. Hoping to knock out 100km on the road bike and 30km on the MTB tomorrow.

RoterStern
    Free Member

There is a chap ( friend of a friend) attempting it in one sitting as it were at the moment He’s riding around one of the local lakes ( a 10km Asphalted route) . So that would be fifty rounds! 😳 He’s got a few other people accompanying him at various times.

ton

i am doing it for all the fat old uns, who think they cant.

50 miles yesterday on icy cold back roads was ace.
    10 miles earlier today, to make room for xmas pudding.
    40 planned for tomorrow.

we will see.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Another morning stuck in neutral, but surprisingly squeezed in another 59Km before Xmas dinner on Zwift, so 130Km tally and still in with a shout of pulling off this fake miracle. Bit warmer over the weekend outdoors, but Met Office wind warnings, so I’ll be amazed if I do a real ride in the elements before Monday.

lovewookie

Slackers…Matt Page has finished…one big ride!

Always good to see what Matt challenges himself to. And he was back out this morning on his annual jaunt through Bethlehem

OmarLittle
    Free Member

The lack of a leaderboard this year is a bit annoying – not being able to keep track of how friends are getting on with the same challenge is proving to be quite a disincentive for me getting out in the bad weather!

schmiken

Another 100km ticked off today to get me to 262km so far.

crazy-legs

75 rather wet km this morning on the CX bike gets me to 235 total. Wind is definitely picking up, glad I got out while it was still relatively calm even though the roads were soaking.

That said there were no cars around at all for the first hour, it was almost spookily quiet. A few people out jogging, one or two cyclists but the roads were quieter than during lockdown! Got busier later especially as the weather cleared a bit and as I got into the more touristy bits of the Peak District.

karnali
    Free Member

155 so far for me, hoping for a short MTB ride with son this afternoon but need a couple of good day between tomorrow and Tuesday

mrmo
    Free Member

another 80km ticked off, breezy and drizzly. 230km done now. One thing I am noticing is the lack of long rides this year.

MrSparkle

Ground out 50 miles this morning before the weather warning kicks in. It’s getting a bit tough now. Still, 270km done. Over half way. 👍

schmiken

Another 25km on the MTB takes me up to 288km total. Day off tomorrow and then back on it Monday.

winston
    Free Member

Didn’t get out on Xmas day as expected which was annoying as it was proper nice weather.

Managed 50k on the road today till the rain kicked in and then another 25 on zwift.

So total of 145 so far….hmmmm. Hopefully getting a couple of long days in next week otherwise it will be a fail!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

A painful 85 on Zwift to take me to 217, taking me to a very rare since August ~8 hours riding time this this week so far.

corroded
    Free Member

Christmas Day was a family day (and beautifully sunny down south) but did 112km today. Brutal headwind in places so pleased with my speedy 15mph average! You’d come to a standstill if you stood on your pedals going downhill. Very little traffic about, lots of riders and runners and walkers. There are some things I really like about lockdowns.

jonnybike
    Free Member

Went out today did 60 miles was planning on 100 miles.

Was so bored was just grey and miserable didn’t enjoy it in the slightest.

I quit, mountain biking on Monday going to go and have fun instead.

reluctantjumper

Up to 159km so far, not bad considering I didn’t pedal at all on christmas day. 68km per day is a decent target left and I’m also using the target to tick off the longer routes on Zwift as extra motivation. Plan of attack now is 50k early morning on Zwift each day then if the weather plays ball do my Lockdown Loop I devised in lockdown no1 after a quick snack, should be 80k a day then. If the weather doesn’t play nicely (mainly wind) then I’ll do the second ride on Zwift too.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Fully on Zwift with 196km down. Will break the 250km tomorrow.

alwillis

229km all outside done so far (smart turbo is away for warranty which has removed that option).

Planning 120km today, then either one final flourish, or two smaller rides Tuesday and Wednesday depending on The forecast snow for Monday.

Every time I find the first couple of days easy, then it starts to fall apart in the middle as the lure of lazing around and eating too much becomes more enticing than 100+km in the cold and wet.

neilarn2

254km done all on Zwift  rest today then crack on tomorrow.

MrSparkle

Heavy legs today and rubbish weather forecast so I decided to go out on the Singlespeed. Idiot. Anyhoo, another 20 miles (eventually) done so that 304km. Easy… 🙄

Straightliner

Mine are all Zwift too, but did the PRL full this morning so I’m now at 388km. Probably will split it into two.

curto80
    Free Member

Lovely 60km on the gravel SS this morning, mix of terrains and gradient. Nice views from Cheesefoot Head. 270km done, so ahead of pace. achievable distance to go over the next four days.

karnali
    Free Member

None today and looking like a dail due to pulling something in my groin trying to remove s trailboss tyre last night! Currently hobbling round house 🤦‍♂️ and one side of the tyre bead is stil not budging

crazy-legs

Rapha Manchester are doing a “Gravenger Hunt” (a mix of Gravel and Scavenger) where they put three little woven roundels in an off-road spot then post some clues on their Instagram in the evening. First three people to decipher the clue and ride out there the following day.

Anyway the roundels today were up at Werneth Low, a ridgeline south of Manchester overlooking the city. I tried to pick what I knew would be the least headwindy way up but Christ it was a tough climb today! I got the last roundel so clearly some people had been up very early braving the rain. It had stopped raining by the time I went out (roads were still absolutely soaking) but it was still a strong wind.

Roundel collected I tagged on an extra loop out into the Peak District so 80km for today and 317km total.

The liquid grit from the early foray onto gravel to collect the roundel buggered the gears up a bit and the brakes were squealing like a stuck pig for a while so the bike is definitely going to need a bit of TLC when i can be bothered to get off the sofa.

Creg

253km done so far.

Taking a day off today as the 100km of yesterday has left me with some knee pain (no ACL in left knee, got out of the saddle around the 85k mark yesterday and managed to twist the knee slightly).

Going to break the last few rides down into 70, 80 and 100km all being well.

alwillis

Could have done with a pedalo on some of the lanes today, but got round without incident (or getting my feet soaked) to leave 150km.

Rest day tomorrow, then see if I can drag out a mate or two for company on the final stretch.

neila

101km yesterday and 91km today bring me up to 314km. We’ll see about tomorrow, forecast is for snow showers so I may take Tempest with G-Ones or Gravel King for a bit of extra bite.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

197km today in grim conditions. Over 7hrs of Wind, rain, hail and minus windchill. Then again it wouldn’t be the Rapha500 if the elements didn’t throw a curveball in. Around the 100k mark I had the unfortunate incident of my speedplay peddle detaching itself from its spindle 😩 Managed to cobble it back together but was peddling on eggshells on weather it’d get me back but get me back it did.
    366km in two rides, hoping to get the challenge ticked of Tuesday or Wednesday with another big ride.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Finally jumped on the turbo just after 1530, hoping to get another 62.5Km ticked off on a group ride, but somehow managed to crawl past 100Km for my first fake Fondo and first turbo ride over 3 hours.

Might need to change name to John Wayne, but 319/500 now done.

thenorthwind

Another 60km today to take me to about 200 in total. Should have been a bit more, but I punctured in the middle of nowhere, then realised I’d put my tool bag on the other bike yesterday and not moved it back 🤦‍♂️ Cue a 4 mile walk of shame (which I’m not counting).

Aiming to do a 200km audax on Wednesday so apart from that there’s only 100km left. Unsure whether to go out and do it in one tomorrow then have a rest day, split into three little local rides that won’t eat into the day, or a mixture.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘Annual Festive 500 Thread’ is closed to new replies.