Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Angry drivers
  • matt_outandabout

I had the opposite this weekend.

Descending down the north side of Dukes Pass with mrs_oab – as I accelerated into a corner, a car nipped by somewhat closely. Second car (X5, natch) also went to overtake on second corner – only by now I was travelling quickly. They had to hit brakes mid corner as they were nearly alongside.
    They sat back behind me the whole descent back to the Lochshore.
    They pulled alongside, window down and the lady passenger apologised for both her husband (driver) scaring me and their friend who had overtaken.
    They wished us both a lovely day and drove calmly off.

Not all cyclists are cretins.
    Not all drivers are cretins.

mccraque

One of the reasons I ride off road tbh, although do enjoy a bit of road. But for the most part I would sooner avoid it.

in the last week I reckon I have had three near misses. Two of them carbon copies of one another – being overtaken on a blind hump back railway bridge. Obviously not wanting to stray into the path of oncoming traffic that the driver cannot see, and rather than wait 5 seconds, they don’t bother to move on to the other side of the road at all. Good job I had sawn the bar down by 30mm.

The other – a guy overtook me on a quiet residential road to immediately turn left, turning into me. I had my hand on his roof, being steered left unwillingly. I knocked and asked him what he was doing – to which he replied “You bang my car again and I’ll f***** bang you”.

Charming.

Marin
    Free Member

Don’t be silly ads it’s only the angry ones.

MoreCashThanDash

Not all cyclists are cretins.
    Not all drivers are cretins.

Let’s not get bogged down with inconvenient truths. This is the Internet you know!

endomick
    Free Member

Oops didn’t read properly

MoreCashThanDash

makes me wonder if you’re one of those who rides a meter away from the kerb, I watch all the near miss of the day type vids that pop up on my phone and a lot of the time I think maybe if you weren’t in the middle of the road…

*grabs popcorn and gets comfy*

Mister-P
    Free Member

to get 3 in an hour makes me wonder if you’re one of those who rides a meter away from the kerb

Makes me wonder if you’re one of those who doesn’t read the OP.

EDIT – you have now.

kilo

so to get 3 in an hour makes me wonder if you’re one of those who rides a meter away from the kerb

Makes me wonder if you’re one of those people who can’t read (obviously you would have to dictate your response to your appropriate adult to input it for you.)

If I’d been holding them up I could maybe understand their frustration, but pootling along in the snow on a bike lane?

Damn beaten too it!!!!

boblo
    Free Member

we contribute very slightly to traffic being held up.

We are the traffic FFS… You’re not helping yourself… 😒

MoreCashThanDash

We are the traffic

Was drummed into us when I did Bikeability 3. Surprising seeing the result of that change in mindset

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Angry drivers’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM