Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 176 total)
  • Andy Gray SACKED by Sky………
  • Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

What is the world coming to………

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Christ they’re going to give his job to a lady aren’t they! 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member
    HTTP404
    Free Member

Speaking the truth can damage your pocket. 🙂

nickf
    Free Member

Good. He deserves nothing else; there’ll be a ‘disrepute, dishonour & disgrace’ clause in his contract which will make this easy for Sky to enforce

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

a ‘disrepute, dishonour & disgrace’

I’m assuming (with hindsight) that that’s what Sky’s HR & legal department would have spent the last few days looking for.

I’m also guessing (again with hindsight) that a fair few of the behind the cameras staff at Sky mustn’t like the idiot. Quite a few tapes were leaked.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Overhyped nonsense from start to finish.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

and just as he was pursuing the News of the World for phone hacking…what are the chances of an off air, off colour remark being broadcast by Sky to suit Murdock’s evil schemes? No that’s never happened before…

mk1fan
    Free Member

Is she standing in the background?

chakaping
    Free Member

Is it wrong that I agree entirely with his sacking but still laughed at that picture?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The worlds gone mad I tells the.

loddrik
    Free Member

Ridiculous PC knee jerk nonsense. Although 5live did say that this relates to a previous incident, details of which are at present unknown, rather than the last couple of days.

Looks like they were just waiting for an excuse to get shut of him.

Harry_the_Spider

I hope that this is due to him being naughty and not to do with his case against NoTW.

kimbers

why pc knee jerk nonsense?, if hed said the same things based on race rather than gender should he have been sacked?

loddrik
    Free Member

Which again, would have been pc knee jerk nonsense.

Society needs a thicker skin…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t you think you made enough of an eejit out of yourself yesterday?

nickf
    Free Member

Really? He was being paid a great deal of money to represent Sky; now that he’s tainted goods, they’ve done the sensible thing and off-loaded him.

loddrik
    Free Member

Don’t you think you made enough of an eejit out of yourself yesterday?

None whatsoever. If others do then that’s their perogative. Im quite comfortable with my views so I really would let it bother you…

Don’t get me wrong, Andy Gray is a tit, but what he did was no way a sackable offence. There is obviously an additional agenda at play on this one.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Good. He’s a dinosaur.

I know its panto, but he has slated Arsenal for years even when they have been playing the most amazing football he has ever seen.
    He was an average player and a poor pundit. Glad he’s gone. Hope he rots

yoda
    Free Member

You see how much trouble one woman official has caused…….think what would happen if more were encouraged to join!
    Lets make sure they never get the vote!

” What’s that? Emily who? never heard of her!”

ourmaninthenorth

I assume that Sky invoked the clause that said “if you only speak in the present tense, even when commentating on past events, your employment may be terminated summarily”.

Shame that the BBC haven’t got the same in their agreements, or they could have got rid of Mark Bright a long time ago….

billybob
    Free Member

Feel sorry for the girl herself – she’s been when & truly blown up into the public’s conscience & withdrawn from the game she was supposed to officiating at tonight.

I’m sure as a football official she has heard alot worse that ‘hear love do you know the offside rule’

flippinheckler
    Free Member

All a bit ott sacking him, what next thought police.

juan
    Free Member

Society needs a thicker skin…

Nope it needs a higher average value of IQ…

mudmonster
    Free Member

They must be under immense pressure to get the descisions correct. She must have been even under even more pressure, knowing that she will be scrutinsed by thousands of men with the same views as grey. Glad he got the sack, microphones on or off he still has those views so he should have been sacked straight away.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Overhyped nonsense from start to finish

Not really, highly paid person in public view expressing an archaic and stupid viewpoint (albeit in a joke), deserves to be shot. I mean fired.

I’m sure as a football official she has heard alot worse that ‘hear love do you know the offside rule’

Yeah, sure, from the half-wits in the pub. Not from supposedly intelligent sport lovers in a position of some authority/meaning. There’s no defending it.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

The Guardian’s ‘Fiver’ linked to some more ‘previous’ from Gray: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cS8OkAiXCI&feature=youtu.be

Oh, and Juan +1

kimbers

juan +2

crikey
    Free Member

Four.

(juan + 3……)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL @ Juan!

🙂

+1 BTW

warton
    Free Member

Great to see Sky taking a stand against sexism.

Now, who’s the soccerette this Saturday?

kennyp
    Free Member

why pc knee jerk nonsense?, if hed said the same things based on race rather than gender should he have been sacked?

No, it’s the folk who like to dictate to others what they should say/think who should be sacked.

trailmonkey

excellent warton 😆

He was an average player

He was PFA young player of the year, a Scottish international in the day when they had an embarassment of riches and had such a long and distinguished carrer because he was an average player 🙄

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The man is an idiot, he represented everything that is wrong with modern football and Sky telly.

billybob
    Free Member

Yeah, sure, from the half-wits in the pub. Not from supposedly intelligent sport lovers in a position of some authority/meaning. There’s no defending it.

Wasn’t meant to come across as defending them was an observation mostly from hearing the boos from the wolves fans after the first Liverpool goal on motd.

mudsux
    Free Member

Women have the capability to officiate, commentate, pundit and referee at any level in football. Whether you want to see or hear it is an entirely different proposition.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Juan and idave +1

but what he did was no way a sackable offence

Wonders why you cant find a job in the modern world. In what workplace have you found blatant sexism to be ok ?
    stop digging

loddrik
    Free Member

Yawn…

Some of couldn’t care less if we ‘appeal’ to women. I’m married and I don’t spend time with any so what would I care.

As for not having a job and how it relates to my persona on an Internet forum. Erm…… 🙄

iDave
    Free Member

loddrik finally wakes up, welcome, the year is 2011, you’ve been asleep since 1956

CaptJon
    Free Member

Three strikes and he is out it seems. Hardly knee jerk when someone makes sexist comments twice (both caught on tape) and also makes lude comments to a colleague (also caught on tape).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Andy Gray SACKED by Sky………’ is closed to new replies.