Viewing 22 posts - 201 through 222 (of 222 total)
  • …and there were only 76.
  • zimbo
    Free Member

I was asking what the point of your argument is. six pages of this relentless drivel on a (relatively insignificant) UK bike forum is. I mean, we could have actually done something worthwhile with all that effort, but instead, I and many others spent a whole weekend arguing on the aforementioned bike forum. ALL EFFING WEEKEND. Woo, yay! Go me!

FTFY.

FFS.

Well if it’s such a sad thing to do, why the f*** are you sitting on here complaining about it??? Surely being such an interesting bloke, you should be out leading your amazingly interesting life???

donsimon
    Free Member

No they don’t.

What is the current JSA then?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

There is no such thing as real poverty, for every example you can find no doubt there is always someon worse off.

The point is poverty has a tangable definition, and according to that thee are significant (growing) numbers who now live below that level.

I just find it hard sometimes justifiying what i buy (and i am not rich by any definition) let alone someone who spends £250k on a car and then drives past people who canot afford decent food or struggle to heat their homes.

Everyone who is rich has had very lucky breaks in one form or other, they would do well to remember that when they are patting themselves on their back and telling their mates how clever they are. No doubt plenty give something back but i struggle to see how people on here can argue for such a wide distribution of income. It so clear that the wider the poverty gap the worse off the country.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Zimbo, no chance. I’m watching and chuckling at the Great STW Argue-a-Thon, drinking beer and digesting a rather nice meal that I had at my local pub earlier. 🙂

sc-xc

Cripes. Remind me not to post up here when I crash my spaceship.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ll leave you chaps get on with this lot, I’m starving and the pizza’s just popped out of the oven.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Under 25 £56.25
    Over 25 £71.00
    Couples, civil partnerships £111.45

And remember if you are under 35 you will be forced to flatshare.

donsimon
    Free Member

The poor job seeker gets 70 quid off the state,

So this was correct then.

Edit:

But not live in a sewer…

zimbo
    Free Member

I’m starving

Relatively starving, I presume? You first world whinger. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Realtively starving, I presume?

You’re not as stupid as you look then. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So this was correct then.

No

Only if you are over 25 and single.

nick1962
    Free Member

Not quite TJ ,doesn’t apply to social housing
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_192415.
    Many working people in most cities in the UK have to share privately rented places so no real hardship and I don’t know anyone in full time work who can afford £250 a week in rent.

“From 1 April 2011 the rates for Local Housing Allowance will be reduced across the country:
    Limits on payments
    A limit will be introduced so that Local Housing Allowance does not exceed:
    £250 a week for a one bedroom property (including shared accommodation)
    £290 a week for a two bedroom property
    £340 a week for a three bedroom property
    £400 a week for a four bedroom property

The maximum rate of Housing Benefit will be limited to the rate for a four bedroom property.”
    Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I just find it hard sometimes justifiying what i buy (and i am not rich by any definition) let alone someone who spends £250k on a car and then drives past people who canot afford decent food or struggle to heat their homes.

I spent more than £250k on a car once and didn’t feel the need to justify it to anyone. About £40k of that was VAT, not to mention the fact that I paid 40% tax on the money I earned to afford the car in the first place. Them’s the breaks.

Everyone who is rich has had very lucky breaks in one form or other, they would do well to remember that when they are patting themselves on their back and telling their mates how clever they are.

Yes luck is involved, but what is more prevalent is a strong work ethic and a willingness to take risks. Sometimes it works out ok, sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve lived in mansions and tents and the back of a transit van. Some people choose to bleat about inequality like a **** pussy on a bike forum instead of growing a pair of balls (bollocks?) though….

Edit I’m currently poor, having lost a load of money in a fund that didn’t mature as intended due to the financial crises of the last few years, so that should make you feel a bit better 🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

Only if you are over 25 and single.

You hadn’t made it clear that you were only talking about under 25s and excluding everyone else. You have my sincerest apologies.
    On the same level I can safely say that this is compete and utter rubbish then.

No they don’t.

Because by your own admission, some clearly do. 😀

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Now i know RJ is 12 and needs to go to bed. School in the morning RJ, night night dont let the bed bugs bite.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

@stevewhyte You’re (apparently) a teacher with the comprehension skills of a retard and one hell of a chip on your shoulder; I’m glad you won’t be teaching my children, you’re a disgrace.

NZCol

They still are less unequal and actually NZ is still a chunk better than the UK

Fascinating, have you lived here long ? As noted in the Gini measurement it is very close to the UK. The perception of what it is like must be very easy from 12,000kms away. Trust me in a country of 4m people with an ageing population, a $30b earthqauke recovery operation and a pretty fukked economy no amount of Hobbit movies, sheep or wine will prop up this country. As a result the gulf is widening. Housing affordability is right up there with the worst of them. Social service budgets cannot sustain the draw on them and our infrastructure spend is spiralling. However you’d know all that already.

donsimon
    Free Member

The perception of what it is like must be very easy from 12,000kms away.

You’re not very clear on how this works, are you? 😆

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Sleep tight RJ, mummy will come and tuck you in soon. Dont let those bad boys at school touch you in those places again, its not right.

retro83
    Free Member

If only you lot had worked harder, maybe you could have nice cars too.

<runs away making zoidberg noise>

randomjeremy
    Free Member

stevewhyte – Member
    weird stuff about touching kids

Dancake
    Free Member

I’ll leave you chaps get on with this lot, I’m starving and the pizza’s just popped out of the oven.

your pizza removes itself from the oven AUTOMATICALLY??!

You rich git, I have to remove mine myself…oh the shame

Viewing 22 posts - 201 through 222 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘…and there were only 76.’ is closed to new replies.