• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by jimmy.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • An idea for the classifieds…
  • belgianwaffle1

Please can we have a way so that if someone replies on your ad you can get an email notification? Then I wouldn’t have to check the ad 5 times a day to see if someone has responded. A bit like the ‘Notify me of follow-up replies via email’ button on forums.

Thanks.

ThePinkster

bit like the ‘Notify me of follow-up replies via email’ button on forums.

Great idea. Just a shame that button doesn’t work either. At least it doesn’t for me.

belgianwaffle1

Hmmm did work for me but only sent me the first reply and not rest.

Mark

We’ve put this on the desk of our tech guys this morning. I’ll report back when I have an update for you.

nuke

I’ve a hopefully simple amendment to the ads to help those with no short term memory like me which is can’t the listing header details on the main classifieds page be automatically added to the advert itself? Else if its not described again in the advert, you’ve lost the specifics of what’s being sold eg

Listed as: G-star New Palm Parka Jacket Large on main classifieds page

But now im in the ad ive no clue on jacket model/make/size etc as the listing header details aren’t included:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/g-star-new-palm-parka-jacket-large

nixie

More important would be hiding stuff marked as sold please 👍. Ideal would be allowing the user to choose to see sold items but the default view should hide them.

ThePinkster

We’ve put this on the desk of our tech guys this morning. I’ll report back when I have an update for you.

Cheers Mark.

jimmy

All good ideas to my mind and stuff I’ve thought would be good to do.

ThePinkster

Ooh, reply notifications have started coming through, cheers 🙂

ElVino

Filtering out sold items, that is my no1 ask!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Haha like you have tech guys!

jimmy

Hi @Mark, Did this come to anything? On a similar vein to the OP, would be good – at least – to have a comment count on the thread list. i.e. preventing the need to open the ad itself to see if a comment has been left.

Not hassling (especially on NYE), just enquiring 🙂

cookeaa

People actually use the classifieds on STW? I’ve tried a couple of times it just seemed utterly broken so I gave up…

13thfloormonk

I started a thread recently about how/where else to sell stuff, but then sold the majority of my items through the classifieds anyway 😎

But yeah, not having to check the ad for replies/comments would be helpful 👍

mrmoofo

I find STW classified terrible to use. One day it will actually be useful

matt_outandabout

People actually use the classifieds on STW? I’ve tried a couple of times it just seemed utterly broken so I gave up…

This.

jimmy

u’re doin it wrng m8

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.