Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • Am I right to feel a bit unhappy.(classifieds content)
  • nealglover
    Free Member

you are unhappy and have cancelled the transaction and requested a refund. That is your right and your choice[/b].

No it’s not.

Where did you get that idea from ?

The distance selling regulations don’t apply here.

He’s paid a private individual, by Paypal Gift (obviously)

He has no rights whatsoever, other than that he receives the item, and that its “as described”

(And even that isn’t set in stone as he was daft enough to send it as a gift)

renton
    Free Member

I am sorry you all feel as though I am whining about it, maybe I am to a point.

I am just trying to find out if it’s acceptable to tell someone after they had paid that you will have to wait for a Upto 5 says before the item is posted.

Judging by all the answers I’m getting I guess it is.

Maybe I will start hanging on to stuff before sending it out nearly a week later.

Actually that boll ocks as me being an honest chap couldn’t do that!

Back in my box I go…

boblo
    Free Member

Renton, Renton, Renton… Let it go. 4 days (excluding the day you paid as it’s unlikely the chap took your lamp to work ‘just in case’) isn’t ”nearly a week’.

Just a helpful suggestion; in future if you want something by a certain time, make sure you agree this before paying. It avoids unnecessary disappointment. Oh, and don’t pay by PayPal Gift or your next post could be about missing iPads….

Night night. 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Ha fair one about the iPads!!

To be honest I could of mentioned it I guess!!

Would of saved 4 pages of slating, I’m thick skinned though :mrgreen:

muggomagic

As I don’t want this thread to slip off the page before the seller has a chance to see it and respond.

Could someone tell me if Renton is right to feel unhappy?

boblo
    Free Member

I think we have established he has the right to feel however he chooses but the consensus is, it’s unreasonable to castigate the seller in this case. HTH 🙂

peakprowler
    Free Member

Just to set the record straight on this matter, I did email Renton .. when I finished work for the day & could access a computer … and received this reply ….

” Paul.

Please accept my deepest apologies for all of this!!

I know you don’t need to know all about my issues and I know it’s no excuse but I’m having a bit of a hard time at work and I’m totally stressed out!!

I’ve acted like a bit of a **** to be honest and it was out of order.

I will let you know when the light turns up.

Regards

Steve “

…….. Apologies were accepted & he will receive his light before the weekend 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Yes I have reacted like a bit of a tool over this !! 😳

I was a bit too quick to jump in and start whining.

Paul,

Apologies once again !

Regards

Steve

Liftman

Case closed

Can someone summarise this thread for new comers to this topic

renton
    Free Member

I will as I started it..

I was a bit of a knob !

thread closed

nealglover
    Free Member

I love a happy ending.

tomhoward

In response to the title,

No. No you aren’t, now.

Coyote
    Free Member

I wouldn’t expect a classifieds seller to post next day, I think weekend is reasonable. If I wanted something quickly I would have asked before handing over my money if they could get it in the post a bit sharpish for me.

This.

It’s a private sale FFS! If I buy off the classifieds, I’ll pay the cash and then ask when it’ll be sent. As long as it’s a reasonable time scale, all is well. If I want it sooner, I’ll use a shop. Online or real.

muggomagic

It is good that renton has apologised, but by sending him the light before the weekend I can’t help but think you are rewarding his bad behaviour. It is his parents i feel sorry for as they will suffer in the long run as his temper tantrums will only get worse.

Edited to correct **** auto correct/fat finger error 😕

renton
    Free Member

muggo magic …. patents?

bruneep

*takes name off list*

renton
    Free Member

bruneep …. 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s a private sale FFS! If I buy off the classifieds, I’ll pay the cash and then ask when it’ll be sent. As long as it’s a reasonable time scale, all is well. If I want it sooner, I’ll use a shop. Online or real.

Keep up 😉

martinhurton
    Free Member

Damn, missed 10mins of TV reading this. Do I have a right to feel upset 😯

leffeboy

Damn, missed 10mins of TV reading this. Do I have a right to feel upset

Not even close. How many stw bun fights end with this:

I started it..
    I was a bit of a knob !
    thread closed

Wish the mods would make a button for that 🙂

Mantastic
    Free Member

On a lighter note, the cack between my toes stinks.

oldgit
    Free Member

Strangely I thought posting Saturday was the norm for second hand bits and bobs.

Not everyone can get to a post office during the day, or make private use of a computer.

Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘Am I right to feel a bit unhappy.(classifieds content)’ is closed to new replies.