Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Alternatives to Wiggle+
  • paul_m

Since the demise of Wiggle (or at least it’s last incarnation), I have realised that one of the main reasons I used Wiggle was Wiggle+, and I have get very used to be able to place an order up to mid afternoon and getting next day delivery.

I wondered what are other ex Wiggle+ users doing to get next day delivery, Amazon is always an option but is typically more expensive and with not so much choice.

Any other alternatives to Wiggle+ (so a single annual payment for next day delivery), or are people just forking out for next day delivery when it is needed?

fossy

Merlin are quick but not next day ?

cp

Sigma sports do DPD next day for a year for 19.99

Haze

Sigma as above, however I’ve taken to trying to get back into the habit of ordering stuff well in advance of when I need it…granted not always possible!

paul_m

Sigma might be the answer then, I would have expected someone to try and fill the “next-day” market.  I do try and purchase in advance where possible, but kit always seems to break right before when you need it.

StuF

Merlin are usually quick even without next day option – 1-2 days

goldfish24

Here’s one left of field. Just occurred to me as I read your post and now I think I might sign up myself:

halfords motoring club.

£49/year, which includes a free MOT. Which is basically what an MOT costs so assuming you have a car it’s cost neutral. Free next day delivery and they actually hold a good range of spares at good prices.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not just Wiggle+ but who are people using now for online bike purchases? My local shops are garbage and nowhere else I can find has the range and/or cheap prices Chiggle had?

avdave2

I would have expected someone to try and fill the “next-day” market.

You want someone to copy the business practice of a company that’s gone bust?

nowhere else I can find has the range and/or cheap prices Chiggle had

😂

stevious

Just a heads up about Sigma – they do occasionally do the old ‘in stock, but it’s actually at the distributor’ trick. It’s pretty clear on the website if you remember to look out for it but I’ve made the mistake of not noticing and waiting aages for things.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

No, I just want someone who has a decent range at a decent price. Sounds like thats a little difficult for you to understand?

lunge

Start Fitness have a £10 annual pass that means you don’t pay for delivery for the rest of the year. Don’t know about speed, but they’re generally pretty sharp.

chakaping
    Free Member

You mean you haven’t salted away enough spares in their fire sale to last you a few years?

Actually, I thought I had but ordered a cassette off Bikeinn yesterday anyway.

halfords motoring club.

£49/year, which includes a free MOT. Which is basically what an MOT costs so assuming you have a car it’s cost neutral.

That would be a cracking deal if the MOT wasn’t at Halfords 😉

fossy

The answer is you need more bikes, if you need next day delivery.

I only tend to keep consumables as spares, or hard to get parts – e.g. both MTB’s need specific chain rings, so I tend to get them when I see them at a good price, and pop them in the spares bin. That said, I have some spare cassettes and a BB (for the commuter) after the Wiggle Fire Sale.

zilog6128

The answer is you need more bikes

always been my strategy! Broken something? Just pluck another steed from the quiver & worry about it another day 😂

Can’t really imagine too many companies rushing to fill the loss-making void of Wiggle/CRC, especially after they’ve ruined the market for everyone else by dumping huge amounts of dirt-cheap stock during their fire sale 🤔

soundninjauk

I only tend to keep consumables as spares, or hard to get parts

This is my approach as well, I’m curious what you’re ordering that you absolutely have to have next day.

These days I tend to either buy from Sigma Sports who I find under promise and over deliver with timescales, or more often just ring my LBS and ask them to get it in.

scotroutes

I’m also in the buy parts when I see them cheap camp, but rather than a bin, I have a wall. That way I can see what needs “topping up” without needing to keep an inventory. I’ll not post another photo of my spares wall as I know it upsets some folks 😂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.