• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Cougar.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Alternatives to the new Outlook on PC
  • martinhutch

Bimbling along happily on the Windows Mail App, but they’re turning it off, and it keeps booting me onto the new version of Outlook, which is slow, and started serving me ads masquerading as emails inside my inbox. Seems like a step too far, really.

What alternatives are there for a simple, fairly reputable, third party mail app that can cope with being fed by 3 or 4 hotmail and gmail accounts?

Caher

Thunderbird.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I’ve always found eM Client to be pretty good

https://www.emclient.com/

martinhutch

Ta. Will check them out.

Harry_the_Spider

New Outlook is appalling.

Our IT department has just shown me how to revert back to the old one and re-set that as my default. Suspect that they’ll be spending the next few days doing that to all the PCs on site as the updates get installed.

martinhutch

Yeah, you can temporarily turn it off and revert back to Windows Mail, but I imagine they’re going to brick WM fairly soon so I need to move over and be done with it before then.

bigginge

I’m going to go against the grain here and say that it may be worth persevering with for a few weeks to see if it grows on you. It came up as the default email client when I got a new laptop at work a month or so ago and given my general hatred for the old outlook I figured I’d see how I got on with it even though there has been a lot of cheese moved around. Now I’ve gotten used to it’s quirks I think I prefer it to the old version and find some of the new features (mostly on the calendar side) much nicer to live with.

alpin
    Free Member

GF is having problems with Outlook currently.

Emails not coming through on the lap top. Emails coming through on the phone, but not able to open them.

Following with interest.

davidr

I don’t mind the new Outlook. It is lacking some features that feel like odd omissions but then it also has some really useful features. On balance I prefer it, although it took a couple of weeks of perseverance to get used to it.

defblade
    Free Member

Postbox, been using it for years.

https://www.postbox-inc.com/

prettygreenparrot

Outlook is, and always has been, garbage.

how MS can turn a mail and calendar client into something so loathsome astounds me. That they keep making it worse for more people is remarkable.

good luck finding an alternative OP. My work options are outlook or outlook. Such a shame that I can only use outlook for work mail on an iPhone. Worse even than PC outlook.

Cougar

Web mail?  I haven’t used a full fat client for personal email since Windows Vista.

Why do you need seven email accounts? That’s, generously, five too many.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.