Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Alternative to Stanton Sherpa
  • supernova

Was saving for one of these frames to put all the kit, wheels and forks on from my snapped Marin B17, but no chance of that now.

I want a 27.5+ frame, preferably steel but not strictly necessary, for general riding and bikepacking.

Anyone got any suggestions for an alternative?

Unnecessary additional information: am sat with several actual Sherpas as I type this.

reeksy

Clearly the answer then is Yeti ūüėČ

thenorthwind

A Stanton Sherpa?
    The company may have gone bust, but the frames they’ve made won’t cease to exist.

pisco

Cotic Solaris?

pisco

As above, a used frame (I sold one a few months ago and there were several up for sale)
    I wonder whether the price of second-hand Stantons will increase now

Clink

I thought they were still trading whilst a new buyer was found?

P20

I’m guessing the OP is concerned about any warranty/support going forward if it all goes wrong

dc1988

And surely you’d only buy one now of you can go in person and pick the bike up whilst paying

breninbeener
    Free Member

What about the Sonder Transmitter? I know its Al, but we took on to the alps and it was ace. My mate usually bikepacks on it and does trail centre too. Its a really competent bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

As above, a secondhand one.

Hardtail frames are a pretty safe bet used, save a few quid.

StuF

Cotic SolarisMax will fit 27.5+ or give you the option of 29 if you want in the future

honourablegeorge

Pipedream Sirius, Nordest Britango

stevextc
    Free Member

Grabs a coffee and waits for STW to close the thread…………….

StuE

https://pacecycles.com/pages/rc627-steel-hardtail
    Had my RC529 for going on 3 years and love it

supernova

Ooh, those are all very nice.

joebristol

That pace looks lovely ‚Äď but the reach is very long. The smallest size has a 467mm reach. If that‚Äôs sagged then fair enough ‚Äď but if it‚Äôs not that‚Äôs going to get longer. They do quite 130-150mm forks so that could vary up the reach too depending on what travel you go for.

Ribble HT725 looked good to me when I was looking for a steel frame.

cloggy

None of the above will give you the feel of a Sherpa, as none have it’s compliance.It’s possibly the most compliant Taiwanese frame

dukeduvet

Sour Crumble or Pasta Party are my suggestions. Or Mason Raw if it fits your budget!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.