Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alpkit tarps?
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Anyone got one? any good? yes i know its just a sheet at the eod but it is very light.

matt_outandabout

The reaction on SoTP was that they are good, but overpriced…

Search SoTP for a few reviews.

shaggy

I've got one. It's a lot better than the home made or the army surplus tarps I've had in the past. Construction seems very good. Price is a contensious issue. Sure it's a more expensive than some but there are others out there which are way more expensive still. I think it in a nice place in the cost:quality:weight spectrum.

Full disclosure: Alpkit sponsor me, but they are genuinely interested in getting feedback so I'm curious to see what others think.

flatfish
    Free Member

thread hijack time, sorry.

hey shaggy, do you have your 29ers in town that i can have a test ride on now?

Drac

Funny I was just looking at them last night they do seem very good.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Lidl had tarps for a fiver last week.

shaggy

YGM Taylor

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Very tempted with the Alpkit one, as most of their stuff is excellent, but found this site that an old mate from the mob told me about these lot…

http://www.ddhammocks.com/products.php

Seem spot on??

Ewan
    Free Member

What is SoTP?

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Song of The Paddle

slugwash
    Free Member

I bought one a few weeks ago but the weather's not playing ball so I've had no reason to pitch it as yet, and had to make do with kipping under a clear, starlit sky. Hoping to give it a whirl in Wales in a couple of weeks if the weather's a bit more autumnal. It's light and looks very well made with loops and 'holes' ruggedly stitched and in all the right places. However, I'd keep it well away from roaring (or timid)campfires 'cos any stray embers will do it damage in no time.

It's not the cheapest tarp around but is great value for what it's made from. I bought it 'cos I've got a couple of half-made lightweight tarps lying around in my projects box that weren't getting finished so I took the plunge and coughed up for a quality one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit tarps?’ is closed to new replies.