Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Allergy advice
  • yorkshire89
    Free Member

Hayfever has been coming on over the last few weeks, and I’ve been taking Loretadine tablets to keep it at bay.

Today i went out on the bike with the dog on some usual routes i use fairly often. Today was the first time I have been for a few weeks and the paths are quite overgrown. This wasn’t a problem though i just rode through it.

I was wearing shorts and at the time it didn’t bother me but when i got home my legs were itching like mad and were red and blotchy all over. I’ve had a shower and have lathered them up in Sudacream to cool the itching down a bit.

I assume it was the pollen that has made them itch so much? It feels like when you have been bitten but all over!

Does anybody else suffer from this? I wonder if i should be taking a different hayfever medicine, or some sort of cream before i ride out.

I get the same sort of rash when I play with my dog, I don’t know whether I have an allergy against the dog or whether its just pollen from her running through the fields?

martinhutch

Try Benadryl cream on the worst bits. Or wear longs. Just don’t scratch it, whatever you do.

I think prevention is probably better than cure in this case.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Thanks, will give that a try!

Itching it is exactly what i did when i got back, it felt so good followed by intense burning for 30 mins!

martinhutch

It has been v humid last couple of days – could be prickly heat if you were sweatier than normal.

dknwhy

Stinging nettles?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Does look similar to prickly heat but the red marks aren’t blistery at all and are fully gone within an hour of getting home. I do sweat alot anyway but have been out everyday this week but its the first time i was riding through the green stuff.

vickypea
    Free Member

Not necessarily the pollen. If I lie in grass I get a rash, and certain plants give me a rash when I’m gardening.

Haze

Hives, suffer with them year round without ever finding out what triggers them.

Try cetirizine, everyone’s different but these work far better for me than loretadine.

Prednisolone even better, as a steroid it’s only available on prescription and only in short courses.

Strangely enough I seem to tolerate nettles quite well…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Allergy advice’ is closed to new replies.