Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alice in Wonderland, too scary for a 5 yr old?
  • swisstony
    Free Member

???

Ed2001
    Free Member

Probably depends on the 5 year old.

swisstony
    Free Member

scratch that anyway i wanted to go today but it's not out yet, looks like it's the princess and the frog

FoxyChick
    Free Member

It just looks plain wierd to me!!

billybob
    Free Member

Tim Burton & Johnny Depp, weird?

Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Sweeny Todd, Corpse Bride, Charlie & the Chocolate factory?

Ok maybe you have a point…

Kit
    Free Member

Saw it last night (benefits of working for a cinema!), and there's only one bit at the end which could be scary (big black flying spiky monster), but I think the biggest problem you'd have is your kid getting just plain bored!

I wouldn't call it a kids film at all, despite the PG rating, but its hardly an adult film either. And don't bother with the 3D version…

grtdkad
    Free Member

We took our two girls this morning aged 4 and 8 (but both within weeks of their next birthdays)…they absolutely loved the film.

Weird in places but proper 'make-believe' – would definitely recommend.

grtdkad
    Free Member

…and no nightmares to report either!

flipiddy
    Free Member

Went to see this last night with the girlfriend.

3d is slightly underwhelming after seeing Avatar recently. Script was a bit weak and CG effects not anywhere near the same league.

The acting is decent, but overall it seems a little bit watered down. Possibly the Disney influence. Burton doesn't build much of an affinity with the characters, although the Mad Hatter is carried off well by Depp and H Bonham-Carter does a cracking job as the Red Queen. Probably taking some influences from Queenie in Blackadder.

Go see it if interested in Disney's modern take on the Alice tale or 3d experience. Decent family experience. Nothing groundbreaking though imho.

grtdkad
    Free Member

Agreed. Would not describe it as a 'best ever', however as family entertainment it did all it needed to do…

IdleJon

Ed2001 – Member
    Probably depends on the 5 year old.

My 6 year old caught some of Ghostbusters the other night.

At the point where the little old lady ghost in the library suddenly turns into a huge snarling toothy monster she peed herself laughing.

I think mine will be fine with Alice..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alice in Wonderland, too scary for a 5 yr old?’ is closed to new replies.