• This topic has 47 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • HELP REMOVE this HATE GROUP against cyclists!
  • jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Show your support if you believe! (We do)!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=235515394023

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Who gives a shit? People hate stuff, leave them to get on with it.

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

We do! 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

Wot Paul said.

allthepies
    Free Member

ghey

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Interesting initial response….maybe your devoted MTB'ers and don't get out on the road much? Shame really becuase we all fall under the same category of cyclists.

DezB
    Free Member

Those children are about as dangerous behind the wheel of a car as they are behind their keyboards.

uplink
    Free Member

Interesting initial response…

Nothing to do with whether anyone hates cyclists & more to do with people constantly trying to get stuff banned because they don't like it

allthepies
    Free Member

I'd actually prefer to address the issue by not riding like a bellend on the road. Using lights, stopping at red lights etc etc rather than playing tit4tat in cyberland.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

+1 for allthepies comment above.

Also, do you really think that Faceache will actually change anything?

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

@allthepies – good point, why don't you set up a group and see how much interest it gets?

JEngledow
    Free Member

From what I can see the "hate group" has been set up because cyclists ride in the road rather than using cycle paths, which from the point of view of a non cyclist can be pretty confusing and annoying, rather than just bitching about it why not spend your time and effort trying to get cycle paths improved so that more people use them and the public image of cycling is improved.

Also facebook groups are only good for getting old bands to number 1 and then that wasn't really that impressive, if you don't like it just ignore it and there will be a new and different "hate group" next week.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

**** ell, the lads at je james get slated none stop. they have pulled their fingers out and turned actually quite good! Stop wit the shit and wankerdon and support the lad, he is trying to help us all ffs!

AND BREATHE!

Coleman
    Free Member

Careful jejames you don't want to wake up the STW JEJames Hate Group 🙁

racing_ralph
    Free Member

And why would taht happen? because he is sticking up for all cyclists?

beej

Can anyone explain how joining a Facebook group complaining about another Facebook group will get the disliked Facebook group removed? Is there anything in the Facebook terms and conditions about this? Or is there a more formal complaint mechanism about inappropriate content that could be used?

Coleman
    Free Member

Rob – No. But any mention of their name seems to alert them. Quite eerie.

mtbfix

Let's get Facebook closed down instead so people return to replying to my emails rather than whining that I should get FB so they can contact me through that medium.

walla24
    Free Member

with you JEJ and rob

although turns out he is just a 17yr old kid…but still its a stupid thing to be saying online, some tit might acctually think it a good idea.

Join the group or don't but don't argue about it

peace and love

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Coleman – Member

in english?

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

Welcome to the STW Forum – you'll have had your tea 😕

Jamie
    Free Member

Facebook?

*leaves thread*

Jamie
    Free Member

*comes back into thread*

Coleman:

Same thing with Goan tho.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

wtf are you on with now??

big_n_daft
    Free Member

rather than just bitching about it why not spend your time and effort trying to get cycle paths improved so that more people use them

I take the opposite view, the existence of cycle paths means the perceived right to use the road is degraded. The fact that even well designed cycle paths are not of any practical use to some cyclists is lost on people who prefer not to see you on the road at all. Proper design of road space is what is needed as well as some changes to initial liability in case of an accident.

address the issue by not riding like a bellend on the road. Using lights, stopping at red lights

I agree that we should ride appropriately, I don't agree that "hate" campaigns advocating violent conduct towards cyclists should be allowed to prosper. I've been the victimn of a few attempted "attcks" which no doubt amused the occupants of the car. No thought given to the potential consequences to me if they had been successful.

having said all that I'm not on facebook and don't intend to change that status

hora
    Free Member

A hate group against a hate group?

How about just joining then subverting their message?

5thElefant
    Free Member

I hate cyclists who hate people who hate cyclists. Well I would if I could be arsed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it's facebook, who gives a

headfirst
    Free Member

Is there A HELP REMOVE this FACEBOOK MILARKEY (sp?)group I can sign up to?

Blower
    Free Member

Well i just joined it,**** it why not eh? also invited a few others to awell…alls good in facebook world.. 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

go blower go blower 😉

Drac

Blower
    Free Member

Whinging lot arent they tonight,errrr,is there a grumpy old men group?or a stw thought police group? if not make one now 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Tiffany Brickhouse I LEGALLY CARRY A FIREARM DURING EVERY RIDE. THE THREAT OF ROAD RAGE VIOLENCE IS THE REASON. I AM VERY PREPARED TO USE MY GUNS IN SELF DEFENSE IF I HAVE EVEN THE MOST THIN LEGAL REASON TO DO SO.
    YOU MAY HURT ME -BUT I WILL KILL YOU.
    Wed at 9:02am

good god!

Blower
    Free Member

clubber – Premier Member

Tiffany Brickhouse I LEGALLY CARRY A FIREARM DURING EVERY RIDE. THE THREAT OF ROAD RAGE VIOLENCE IS THE REASON. I AM VERY PREPARED TO USE MY GUNS IN SELF DEFENSE IF I HAVE EVEN THE MOST THIN LEGAL REASON TO DO SO.
    YOU MAY HURT ME -BUT I WILL KILL YOU.
    Wed at 9:02am

good god!

i like i like,nowt wrong with that is there.. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Ah, I must place an order with JeJames as this thread has perked my interest in them

DezB
    Free Member

I guess that was probably the idea

alpin
    Free Member

JEJames can't do anything right by STW dwellers, can they?

well hopefully this'll put a spanner in the works:

i bought a set of lyriks from them over a year ago. they developed a fault. i contacted jejames and DID NOT have to wait ages. the guy gave me a number so that i could send my forks directly to Fisher, thus speeding up the process (yes i know they should pay for postage, but as i'm not in the UK i had to send them anyway).
    they phoned me to let me know that the forks had been returned and then forwarded them onto to me.

one happy customer.

Nainosliw
    Free Member

JE James 1 (for effort) : STW denizens 0

Drac

It has nothing to do with who posted, I genuinely don't give a **** about some group on facebook.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘HELP REMOVE this HATE GROUP against cyclists!’ is closed to new replies.