Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alex rims cxd-4 hub – how do I take it apart? Any links to diagram, parts etc?
  • ferrals
    Free Member

My googling is addmittedly rubbish but I’m failing to find any manuals/ diagrams / source of parts for alex rims hubs.

Something is wrong with my rear hub, large amounts of resistance to turning – As I’ve just had the freehub fixed (it was free spinning both ways) I assume the bearings are seized. Any pointers for instructions on how to take the hub apart? I know that it uses sealed cartrigdge bearings (according to road.cc review) but don’t know what ones.

I’m keen to give it a crack myself as I’ve only just picked the wheel up from a shop this arvo after they fixed the freehub for me.

orangeboy
    Free Member

If you have only just got it back from the shop then Take it back to them.

Apart from that have you got a pic of the hub from both sides

ferrals
    Free Member

Ah didnt make myself clear, ther was already resistance before I gave it to the shop – I was trying to work out what was wrong when the freehub went. I assumed it was the freehub that was causing the issue so asked them to have a look at the free hub. They’ve fixed that (it was actually just full of mud apparently – that’s cx for you), but I realsied the issue remained.

bigyan
    Free Member

Pictures online look like the endcaps should just pull off (o ring retention in a groove)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alex rims cxd-4 hub – how do I take it apart? Any links to diagram, parts etc?’ is closed to new replies.