Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • aldi bike stuff
  • midlifecrashes

They're obviously getting the message too, putting the Haribo on offer too when the cyclists are in.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Good shout

montylikesbeer

Those geezers in the winter pants are a bit suspect

Nice flowers though

2tyred

Excellent news, the gloves are brilliant. Way better than my Sealskinz ones. Ripped the tip off a pinkie the other week so this is ideal!

Missed out on the overshoes last year, so need to get in quick this year.

jojoA1
    Free Member

The gloves are brilliant for the price. I've got 3 pairs from previous years (I stocked up in preparation for the Strathpuffer). Not the most breathable, and the membrane separates if you wash them in the washing machine (I just rinse them by hand now), but warm, waterproof and fantastic value.

The jackets and tights are great as well as workhorse winter kit get some if you ride daily/regularly as it means you'll always have a dry, clean set to put on.

finbar
    Free Member

I might get a softshell, i got one last year and have worn it loads and the zip has gone a bit dodgy.

Of the other Aldi stuff i've tried – the zip on the overshoes broke in about two weeks and i thought the gloves were nowhere near as warm as my decent Pearl Izumi ones.

jojoA1
    Free Member

… but how much were the Pearl Izumi ones? For the price they're fab, IMO.

finbar
    Free Member

They were six times the price. And worth every penny – cold hands are horrible. Don't get me wrong though, some of the Aldi kit is alright.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Someone mention cheap haribo?

Also in the pic for Winter Cycling Trousers – what is the model on right wearing on feet? Cycling Uggs?! have i been missing out?

colnagokid

Black Jacks and Fruit Salad!
    (I might get some socks while Im stocking up)

Kahurangi

Can anyone tell me if the soft shell is windproof?

monkeychild
    Free Member

I would imagine so. On a side note why would you buy aldi winter trouser for £12.99 when Ron hill bikesters are £10 at wiggle???

DaveGr
    Free Member

It's too "posh" where I live for an Aldi 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, the gloves are great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘aldi bike stuff’ is closed to new replies.