Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice please – New Rockshox Revelations and Boost Hub
  • warns74
    Free Member

Hi all,

After a little bit of advice please. I have a new set of 35mm Revelation Boost forks and a new set of Spank Oozy boost wheels.

The machined part of the inside of the lower leg (where the hub locates into the fork) is huge and as such the front wheel doesn’t just slot in and sit in the right position to just push the axle through. Why is this machined area so big? Is there some kind of adaptor that lets the wheel locate in the right place? Or do I just have to put up with holding the wheel in the right place?

Thanks!

bri-72

Was a recent post on here think it’s to do with torque caps. So unless you buy them you have to put up with the lift to get Maxle in annoyance.

warns74
    Free Member

Ah thanks I thought I’d read something recently but couldn’t find the link.

Are there generic caps for this sort of thing or do you need special ones from the manufacturer (i.e. spank?)

lawman91

You’d need ones specific for the brand of hub, not sure if Spank make Torque Cap adapters, not all brands offer them.

nickfrog
    Free Member

I have upgraded my DT hubs to torque caps for my Yari. Perhaps it’s because I don’t explore the outer limits of lateral grip but it didn’t make much handling difference so you’re probably not missing out on much.

wishiwascalledsteve

You can get ‘stickers’ than space the dropouts to normal diameter.

https://r2-bike.com/NEWMEN-TC-Adapter-for-Forks-with-Torque-Cap-Drop-Out

welshfarmer

A right royal pain in the arse! I have fox forks without the enlarged area and bought some used wheels for it. What the seller hadn’t mentioned was that they had torque caps fitted. He didn’t even know what they were! Anyway turns out that normal end caps are not available aftermarket for those hubs so I had to get the torque caps turned down by a friend in his lathe. They fit fine now! So if you do know someone with a lather just ask them to make you a set of torque cap axle ends. Not a big job to be fair. Or get them to turn you some 21-31mm collars to glue over the ends you have now!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice please – New Rockshox Revelations and Boost Hub’ is closed to new replies.