Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Advice on fitting rear Hope X2 caliper
  • amplebrew

Hi,

I have just fitted a set of Hope X2’s to my Kona Unit and had a was a bit unsure on something.

The rear is an IS mount, so I got myself the correct bracket to fit the caliper.

When I got this mount it came the 2 bolts with washers on them, but it also came with 2 seperate silver washers.

I was wondering if anyone knew where these washers were for?

I am presuming that they either sit between the caliper and the mount, or the IS bracket and the frame.

I’ve fitted the rear brake on without the washers and just done everything up hand tight and everything fits right and is spaced correctly.

I just didn’t want to torque everything up and find that the washers were an essential part 😕

coatesy
    Free Member

If everything fits correctly then you only need them under the head of the bolts(not completely necessary, but good practice).They’re usually supplied for spacing out if needed.

amplebrew

coatesy – Member
    If everything fits correctly then you only need them under the head of the bolts(not completely necessary, but good practice).They’re usually supplied for spacing out if needed.

Cool, the caliper and mount bolts already have washers on them 8)

I’ll put the other washers in my spares box.

Thanks for that 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Advice on fitting rear Hope X2 caliper’ is closed to new replies.