Achilles' tendon weirdness

Home Forum Bike Forum Achilles' tendon weirdness

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Achilles' tendon weirdness
  • DT78

Rode a quick 2hr 35mile road ride yesterday. Right Achilles ached a bit nothing too bad. Finished work today and it’s gone really weird, kind of like the aching you get when you really want to crack your knuckles, it feels like it is ‘creaking’ if that’s the right word. No detectable swelling or pain on movement / stretching just the same ache.

What have I done to myself now? Stretching doesn’t appear to do anything to sort it. I presume if I’d done some serious damage it would hurt properly?

djglover

I run but had a sore creaky achillies 2 weeks ago. I took a week off foam rolled, ice bathed and ibroprofened it every day. It was right within a week

I’d just take it easy and take djglover’s advice. You’d know if you’ve ruptured it as I did mine a few years ago and it took me 7 months to get back on the bike.

DT78

Yep, I’ll take it easy, the weather helps… really dont want 7 months off the bike 🙁

diawl2

Could be a touch of Achilles tendinitis. Anti-inflammatory and ice.

Achilles rupture isn’t always painful but it doesn’t sound like there was a mechanism of injury that could account for that. You’d know about it in other ways too.

Sounds like a bit of tendinitis to me but if you’re worried, go see a doctor / physio. RICE should do it though.

DT78

Thanks for the links guys. Osteo appointment booked and ibuprofen bought.

Got to love getting older.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Achilles' tendon weirdness’ is closed to new replies.