Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • AA and cycle scheme discounts together at halfords?
  • cookci
    Free Member

I’m not a member of the AA but thinking i might join if i can get both discounts together on a new bike?

Anyone had any success?

cookci
    Free Member

Sorry i was supposed to write british cycling club not cycle scheme!!

boriselbrus
    Free Member

You shouldn’t be able to use them both together. You may be able to persuade a newbie to do it, but unlikely and if discovered they will be bollocked / educated.

vincienup
    Free Member

As above, the BC discount shouldn’t be stackable. Kind of a shame, but having personally had a ridiculous deal as a result of it I can see why it’s no longer allowed.

cookci
    Free Member

:*(
    No point joining the AA then (i already have breakdown)

Will the quidco work?

simmy
    Free Member

Is there a link which says about the AA discount as I’m a member and I’ve never seen Halfords listed and I can’t find any reference to it on the AA Website.

Thanks

cookci
    Free Member
    simmy
    Free Member

Just found it on the app.

Guessing as it’s a offer that’s only on for a few months is the reason it’s not on the AA website.

These are the Terms of the offer, worth bearing in mind.

Terms & Conditions:

The voucher entitles you to 10% off in-store at Halfords. Voucher expires 31 March 2018. UK stores only. It cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, voucher, colleague discount or exchanged for cash. Excludes online use and Click & Collect orders. Excludes Cycling & Motoring Tech such as GPS / Action Cameras / Turbo Trainers / Computers / Fitness Trackers / Sat Nav / Dash Cam. Photocopies not accepted. Halfords Ltd, B98 0DE

cookci
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Is it a voucher code?

doomanic

Quidco worked with BC discount when I bought a road bike. I preordered it for collection and paid on the day.

nixie

There are some schemes where you can buy halfords gift vouchers (via a reloadable card) at a percentage off the face value. These can then be used in conjunction with the bc (or any other I’d imagine) discount applied at the till.

simmy
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Is it a voucher code?

Comes up as a bar code on the app.

I’m reading those terms and conditions 2 ways. Is it motoring and cycling tech that’s excluded, or is it cycling ( everything ) and motoring tech ?

To me, it’s not worded brilliantly

cookci
    Free Member

Ive googled and found zeek
    Any good?

Can you use multiple vouchers to pay even after the discount?

cookci
    Free Member

I purchased £1210 of halfords vouchers from zeek so ended up paying 1110 for the bike 🙂

cookci
    Free Member

BTW thanks Nixie as you saved me £100

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘AA and cycle scheme discounts together at halfords?’ is closed to new replies.