Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • A german brakepad test on a Swedish MTB site
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Europe huh!

Thought this may be interesting

https://happyride.se/forum/read.php/1/3512605

scroll down for the pics . Shimano and Trickstuff seem to win out . No uberbike test though. Which is ironic! Nicht Gut!

blastit
    Free Member

Can’t seem to translate the actual test , maybe someone with a better grasp on it could do it for us please !!!!.
    Just looking at the performance charts it looks like Trickstuff Pro are out front with a score of 84 and Standard 81 then Shimano on 77 for its finned one then 76 for sintered if I have guessed correct. The trickstuff are organic which I like as my rotors seem to disappear on sintered, be good if they had decent life span.

Blast

DezB
    Free Member

Shimano original resin and metal were really good, barely any others that were better. Some were, however, much worse.

Chart translation:
    braking force (dry)
    braking force (wet)
    control
    stability
    wear

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I liked this brake test:

The best MTB disc brake you can buy

P-Jay
    Free Member

So, it seems Shimano OE Organics are better in the dry, Sintered are better in the wet (no shocks there) finned pads are more ‘stable’ – I assume that’s stable as in stable in repeated use?

Hasn’t changed my mind that non-finned Shimano pads are cheap enough not to worry about after-market pads, work well and last well. Finned pads are a little bit better, but I rarely get brakes that hot so, you know, what’s the point.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘A german brakepad test on a Swedish MTB site’ is closed to new replies.