Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • A big thank you to Hope Technology
  • timba
    Free Member

I got my out-of-warranty Vision 2 LED lamp back from Hope today. Repaired at no charge, no charge for P+P, and all done within a week of me putting it in the post.
    Fantastic service, thank you

Tiger6791

They are bloody brilliant.

I rung them to get some parts that had given up, well used and well old.

In the post next day FOC as they were not wearable parts

😀

grenosteve
    Free Member

My Vision 2 is going back this week.

It goes back every year(ish) because the connectors are rubbish and wear out, so the light cuts off if you hit a bump and the connectors wobble a bit.

But hope always replace the connector for free and send it back. 🙂 Not bad for a 5 year old light.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I Love Hope 🙂

Sent a 2nd hand wheel to them with a cracked hub flange and they rebuilt it onto a new hub! All I paid was about £7 postage to get it to them!

Neptune
    Free Member

where as i wanted some help with one of their HID light batteries and they told me they were discontinued from the line up and so i they couldn’t help.

benw
    Free Member

I sent my R4 back which was two years old and they replaced the battery FOC and posted it back to me here in Italy,you can’t beat Lancashire folk..

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Well I had no help from Hope with my 11 year Minis or my 6 year old X2s not because they are unhelpful the brakes are great so don’t need them sold the minis and still using the X2s.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Aye they are great. Sent my 7 yo Vison 4 back for repair, and had it back within the week fixed FOC. Top service, it’s just made me purchase a pair of E4 brakes from them to replace my XTs.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The only things theyv’e ever replaced/fixed for me were a 3yr old axle from a titanium hub & a 2 yr old Vision 4 charger, even though ALL my hubs/headsets/BB’s/brakes are Hopes. Disappointed that nothing else has gone wrong in 15 odd years!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Grenosteve, why do they break every year? Is that good service or a dodgy product?

Northwind

In related news, my Magicshines are now 4 years old and neither of them have let me down in any way, even though they cost less than 1/3d as much as the R4 which has identical performance. So a big thank you to Magicshine 😉

takisawa2

Must give them a call about a pair of Pro2’s I have. A piece has cracked off around a spoke hole. I was going to just lace it so the spoke is pulling in to the crack. I don’t think you can buy new shells though.

chiefgrooveguru

In related news, my Magicshines are now 4 years old and neither of them have let me down in any way, even though they cost less than 1/3d as much as the R4 which has identical performance. So a big thank you to Magicshine

Lucky you. 😉

They won’t replace everything. E.g….

Northwind

chiefgrooveguru – Member

Lucky you.

Nah, not at all, don’t judge all their models by the standards of the cheapies. Personally I’d choose mine over the R4 equivalent, just because of the superior reliability, even if they weren’t miles cheaper. The Hopes have lovely machining, a pretty battery, iffy connectors, and no strain relief on the cables.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Aye, but think of all those nocturnal beasties having a laugh at your ‘made in china’ black and chrome sticker on the head units’ underside as you roll past ;o)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘A big thank you to Hope Technology’ is closed to new replies.