Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • 6th birthday present ideas?
  • hora
    Free Member

He’s already got a Islabikes Beinn, Lego, roller shoes, decent scooter. All of which he loves.

I prefer one hardy toy for him to use to lots of plastic things (Lego aside). Ideas for a present that’ll last him?

djglover
    Free Member

Magnatiles

loddrik
    Free Member

freddyg
    Free Member

Scalextric

sbob
    Free Member

Stunt kite.

hora
    Free Member

Scalextric? That’s obvious but not- hello. Ill look into that. Cheers

bearnecessities
    Free Member

Judy looks like she answers back a lot.

klunky
    Free Member

I used a good site called called wickeduncle or something. Presents for kids categorised by age. Most helpful for me!

Harry_the_Spider

But raid ebay for a load of extra track as a simple figure of eight will soon get dull.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Hours of fun with this. Gets kids and adults out on our street. Keeps them fit too as they chase after the rockets. Buy some spare rockets though they do break!

ade9933
    Free Member

Ideas from my tribe…

Dressing up stuff
    Tree House
    Nerf guns
    Trampoline
    Ramp

MoreCashThanDash

Stomp Rocket – great way to meet the neighbours, great on camp sites for making friends.

Nerf guns – our two have never wanted them but our godson’s converted us last weekend.

Scalextric

Never have too much Lego….

ade9933
    Free Member

Light Sabres are awesome too!

boxelder

Pogo stick
    Nerf gun

Murray

Trampoline. Exercise plus peace and quiet.

hora
    Free Member

Trampoline + back garden = what in the social order of things?

More importantly trampoline+pissed dad = killed by death and pain 😆

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Telescope or microscope

JoeG
    Free Member

garage-dweller

Scalextric might be a good call.

In a not entirely dissimilar vein we’ve got a fairly big Hornby set up but it’s a major project to board mount it (so it can be split and go half under each boy’s bed), wire it, put the scenery together.

The kids like playing with it, the eldest likes doing some of the craft and woodwork stuff and I like the woodwork / model making / electrical stuff as it’s a nice thing to do on a grotty day/evening but it is a black hole of time!

The Scalextric escapes about 95% of that and gets a competitive element in too.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Not a thing but an experience. I just noticed today that there is a Marvel Comic stage show thing happening later this year. Iron Man, Spidey and all, I am considering it for my soon to be 9 yr old.

Back on topic, most played with things over the long term by my lad are the dragons and warriors made by that company either a German sounding name. Scholer, Sheir, something like that.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

How about a wildly reckless death march up Englands highest mountain in treacherous subarctic conditions?

Or

Ninja turtles.

senorj

Tent and sleeping bag=Camping trip with dad. Memories and skills for life.
    As well as a scalextric & stomp rocket. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Thestabiliser thats just me in between nob files. I’m in the ‘trick em into activities by taking them in high summer so they stick with it for life’ camp rather than ‘mountain resque we have a family with two toddlers lost on the mountain in mid winter’ camp..

Tent? Yup he loves that already 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Don’t take your nob file instead of your ice axe for jeebus sake! 😀

1-shed
    Free Member

Digital camera, a great way to get kids to really look at the world and develop their own views. Cheers 1 shed.

hora
    Free Member

Jesus what was I typing last night (drink)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Like father like son? Time for a new bike? Alternatively a wood burner, border terrier or an aeropress. Never too young to adopt the STW clichés.

midlifecrashes

Our best buys were Nintendo DS, trampoline and Thomas/Tomy train set(blue plastic rail, I think they’ve been revamped as Trackmaster)

shuhockey
    Free Member

Traxxas Bandit rtr. Has a 50% power mode to start with, then open it up when they get the hang of it. Also Dad will need one to race!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Trampoline. Exercise plus peace and quiet.

….until they break a bone, which apparently is very very common

cheekyboy
    Free Member

A ferret, kids love ferrets

scuttler

Scalextric sets are relatively cheap. Scalextric ownership is not – digital upgrades + decent cars + extra track + lap counter + bend borders and it stacks up, but it’ll keep him in birthday and christmas presents for a while and naturally you can ‘get involved’ at general house expenditure expense…

It’s easy to find on sale though. Don’t pay full price for any of it.

beefheart
    Free Member

A RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo.

ade9933
    Free Member

Buy him a downhill Alps bike to grow into. In the meantime you could look after it for him

crankboy
    Free Member

Nerf is good
    Scalextrix is fab
    Lego is almost a crack leval addiction .

trampoline
    Free Member

I would definitely go for a trampoline.

You can check ProTrampolines.com for any help you might need.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Doesn’t really matter when he’ll be flogging it on in the playground next week.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘6th birthday present ideas?’ is closed to new replies.