Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 60 bike companies pledge to increase sustainable packaging use
  • Mark

Confederation of the European Bicycle Industry (CONEBI) and Cycling Industries Europe (CIE) have launched an industry-wide commitment to reduce plasti …

By mark

Get the full story on our front page at:

60 bike companies pledge to increase sustainable packaging use

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

pmurden

It’s certainly a step in the right direction.

wimpsworth

Alpkit are already very good at this. The past few items I’ve bought from them had no plastic packaging and were made 100% recycled materials.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

cool, makes me want to order the latest carbonfibre bike and receive it in a recycled cardboard box..

stumpy01

Are the clothing manufacturers gonna start ditching those bloody awful plastic tags that either hold their garments together (gloves/pads etc) or hold the price tag along with all those junk bits of cardboard that tell you how hi-tech the fabrics are?

chrismac

More greenwashing from the marketing departments. Just accept there is nothing green about mountain biking. Stop sending people half way round the world to make an advert. Stop using batteries to power bikes and save way more than a bit of plastic that will still go straight in the bin

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’m with chrismac on this one.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

no plastic packaging and were made 100% recycled materials.

So your buying something 2nd hand, made from plastic then in most cases

I can’t believe that this type of BS statement wasn’t released 10 yrs ago. After all cycling is such a green sport

tthew

My first reaction was meh, too.
    But then a journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step. Better this than carry on with what’s gone before and hopefully the next step will be ONLY sustainable packaging, then distribution, then manufacturing, then products…

robertajobb

And can Maddison get Shimano to stop sending unnecessary plastic bags with unnecessary A0 sized instructions in 143 languages that I don’t need for every chain, shifter, cable and cassette I buy.

Oh… and USB charger cables in every item that uses a rechargeable battery. I really don’t need another!

walleater

They could also make bikes out of metal? And be powered by nothing but human muscles!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘60 bike companies pledge to increase sustainable packaging use’ is closed to new replies.