Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 950 total)
  • 6 nations thread, let the arguments commence
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Palmer was stand out forward, thought the vaunted saes front row didnt really do much.

Houns

Wilko bossed the last 20 minutes when he came on, we need him to start against Fra and Ire…Out of interest how many points does he need to regain the all time points record?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

TBH England barely broke sweat and should have put the game beyond an inept Wales a lot sooner.

The English centres are still a glaring weakness. Tindall is a defensive frailty for the outside break. Hape is a total mong at the breakdown, a real liability. Contrast him with BOD in that respect. He and Ashton show their RL heritage by being clueless after the tackle although Ashton more than compensates elsewhere.

deluded
    Free Member

Wales is just a big ‘park & ride’ for ENGLAND.

donsimon
    Free Member

deluded – Member

Who can help but love the engerlish with an attitude like that? You have the possiblity of being a great ambassador for your little country. 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

deluded – Member

Can you clarify how this works. I live in a big city, see, and there are a few Park & Rides here. This is how they work…you’re ON THE WAY into the big city, see? Then, maybe you see a P&R just outside, so you stop, park and then get the bus into town instead of dirving and paying ridiculous parking charges.

So how does this analogy work for you? From where are people coming to Park in Wales, and then Ride the bus to England? Ireland? While Pembroke and Fishguard are busy enough, there isn’t that much traffic tbh. So, it’s not the Irish using it. Is it the Scots? Nah, they’d already have to go through England to get to the Park & Ride that is Wales. So is it the English themselves using it? Well, no, that would be crazy. Why, they’re already in England.

So come on then mr deluded, explain your statement to us – how is Wales a big Park & Ride for England?

Or is your statement utter bollocks?

What’s the lesson here deluded? I’ll tell ya. Next time you want to insult a nation, try and be clever about it (if that’s within your abilities…which I very much doubt).

HTH.

anagallis_arvensis

The shame is that Wales did enough upfront to hold the English but were inept behind. They need a 12 who can run straight, draw a man and put players into space. Shame the only option for that task has been busy dancing and drinking for last couple of years! In addition the support running angles were awful.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

It was really unusual to see a set of Welsh backs that couldn’t run angles when needed, or straighten up either. Shane Williams didn’t look that sharp tbh, Tindall caught him several times as he tried to take the outside line.
    I was suprised to see an England back division get quicker ball than their counterparts as well. Overall England looked better in the back row, in the backs entirely & whilst the tight 5 didn’t pull up any trees they stood firm enough to create an attacking platform.
    Powell wasn’t up to much was he? His taking off was a blatant replacement strategy, bit cynical but Jones was much better.

anagallis_arvensis

It was really unusual to see a set of Welsh backs that couldn’t run angles when needed, or straighten up either

Not really tbh they havent been any good for at least 2 years, erm wonder why?

Not sure about the backrow, thing it was the england tight five who were stronger in all aspects, always gives the backrow an advantage. England had stronger ball carriers throughout the forwards and they had the edge in the set pieces too.

Phillips was rubbish which didnt help wales either

bruk

The English defence was all lined up for the wider game. Some good old fashioned pick and drive at close quarters was need to draw them in before the Welsh tried to spin it out.

Game was pretty good for a neutral though I do wish Ashton would stop being such a footballer with his showy dive. I will join the thousands who die laughing if he does drop it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I do wish Ashton would stop being such a footballer with his showy dive

+1 🙁

Horrific display. That kind of behaviour belongs in Twickenham.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

As Jonno says “celebrate AFTER you put the bloody ball down!”

Right, those pesky phlegm-spitters are out of the way so who do i cheer for thoday?

Italy & France of course!

Pigface
    Free Member

phlegm spitters????

muddydwarf
    Free Member

A side swipe at the Welsh speakers of course!

Only jealous as, a typical Englishman i struggle to grasp the concept of multi-linguism… 😳

donsimon
    Free Member

Right, those pesky phlegm-spitters are out of the way so who do i cheer for thoday?

Why do you have to ruin what can be an intellectual exchange between people with a passion for a sport with side-swipes like that? It only serves to support idea of the fotball hooligan mentality that many have of the english. Sad me thinks. 😥

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oh give over, i’ve no doubt you’ve said something equally silly towards English fans when bantering about the sport. The best times i’ve had at a game were with NG Dragons fans & the piss-taking was legendary from all sides.

Pigface
    Free Member

Thats just rubbish, sheep shagger inbreds etc fair enough but phlegm spitters just a really poor effort, I am sure you can do better.

donsimon
    Free Member

Oh give over, i’ve no doubt you’ve said something equally silly towards English fans when bantering about the sport.

I can confidently say no for this as an opening salvo. I am comfortable with my team win or lose and comfortable with myself in that I don’t have to try and belittle others but I will defend our position.
    I come from a background of rowing where the winners are always first to cheer the second placers.
    Win with a bit of decorum.

Thats just rubbish, sheep shagger

I hear that some people actually kill the animal for eating! 🙄 How absurd…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Then you are a different sort to the lads & lasses i spent time with when facing Dragons. They were a great bunch, called us all sorts of affectionate pee takes & got us all royally drunk. Takes all sorts i suppose.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Win with a bit of decorum.

A bit too much to expect from an England fan. Too busy turning their collars up, fluffing up their gilet puffas and singing the only song they know.

Or is that a stereotype…

Bad form though muddy. You need to win with magnanimity. I know winning is a newish feeling for you, but come on…

donsimon
    Free Member

And there’s the rub, I don’t actually see

phlegm spitters

as being an

affectionate pee takes

. 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

There you go then. Being called an “effin’ english barperson” whilst being handed a pint was what i called an affectionate pee take. If the same bloke had said it whilst snarling it would have been different of course.
    If you’re offended i apologise, but i’ve been called a lot worse at games by Welshmen & laughed & drunk with them.

Its a game. A gamer that inflames national pride in Wales far more than it does for the English i suspect. As for winning being new to me, i rember the days when Wales were supreme, followed by a good period of English dominance, followed once more by a Welsh resurgence so i know it’s all cyclical.
    Just as Ireland are currently a fading force compared to what they were 2/3 yrs ago.

Why is it that the ‘celts’ are allowed to support any team playing England yet i get frowns when i say i’ll never cheer for Wales or Scotland. (Will for Ireland cos they aren’t British).

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Don Simon, you must be a right bore down the pub if you take good natured banter so literally…………

😉

I’ ve got a mate like you – he’s the only guy I know who cheers for the referee!

donsimon
    Free Member

Don Simon, you must be a right bore down the pub if you take good natured banter so literally…………

Quite the opposite actually. So you think it’s OK to say something derogatory and dress it up as good natured banter?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Here we go – anthem time. Got to love the Italian one.

Come on the Azurri!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Think the band have been at the vino already!

Shandy
    Free Member

Just as Ireland are currently a fading force compared to what they were 2/3 yrs ago.

We’ve actually got the best squad we’ve had for a long time, if we can clear up the injury problems.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Getting on a bit though aren’t they? Italy are looking not half bad at the mo’, don’t know how long they can keep it up though.

Shandy
    Free Member

Some of them are getting on but they’re still a year or two short of being past it. Hayes is out of the picture now, Wallace wouldn’t be starting if Ferris and Heaslip were fit. O’Driscoll and D’Arcy are the oldest backs and they are still playing good rugby.

We always piss about like this for the first half against the Italians.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Looking a bit flakey right now, silly mistakes. If it were any other team in the 6N you’d be 10 points down by now.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Phew! Good attack there that came to a bad end…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ireland much better now.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Spoke too soon….

Shandy
    Free Member

We’ll be ten points up soon enough.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ireland will win of course, it’s how they win that will be important. So far they don’t look like potential 6N winners.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Italy really have come a long way in a few yrs haven’t they?

gordimhor

Muddydwarf “Why is it that the ‘celts’ are allowed to support any team playing England yet i get frowns when i say i’ll never cheer for Wales or Scotland. ” Is nt that a question that we all have to ask ourselves irrespective of nationality? I know many Scots who would not support “anyone but england”. I even know some Scots who would support England when Scotland are not playing etc. When talking about following a national team remember the tartan army footsoldier asked on tv if the situation was “desperately serious” replied “with us the situation is often desperate,but never serious” 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I like that quote! 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Interesting 1st half. Ireland making too many silly, basic mistakes, Italy are looking quite good. Making a lot of tackles though and that will tire them.

Pigface
    Free Member

Intrigued as to what moniker Muddy Dwarf will come up with to describe the Irish or the Italians.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 950 total)

The topic ‘6 nations thread, let the arguments commence’ is closed to new replies.