Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 950 total)
  • 6 nations thread, let the arguments commence
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

the Celtic nation rejoice in your failure

DezB
    Free Member

The little Ashton v O’Gara spat was the most entertaining bit of the game for me.

England 6 Nations Champions! Yay!

allthepies
    Free Member

Will have to make do with winning the Championship [Viet-taff huge win withstanding]

Houns

Well done Ireland, shame you couldn’t play like that the rest of the six nations

COME ON FRANCE

*spits*

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

😯

Wasn’t expecting that

Great performance by Ireland

ton

great performance by ireland
    i think they would have won no matter what today.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m not going to gloat – tempting as it may be. England WERE the better team over the 6N championship – and no doubt they’ll go further in the WC.

Johnson however can **** off. The arrogant **** had the nerve to talk about how they “knew” that Ireland would try and slow their ball down. Well Johnson, who had to try and slow the ball down in the end? You rooster!

Ashton anonymous again apart from handbags on the touchline 😆

EDIT: Apologies, I think I went into a mini-gloat there. 😳

Pigface
    Free Member

Gloat away you Hunk a spunk of burning Irish love. England were pretty poor not at playing the game but in heart and commitment. Bannahan is just rubbish, the two Kiwis were rubbish, no leader on the pitch untill Thompson came on. Ashton exposed as the show pony??? a long way away from the player lauded as the next world beater.

Ireland played with passion and heart and wanted the win.

Great game for the neutral 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Could have been a lot worse, like battling for the wooden spoon rather than the grand slam 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Whatever you need to make you feel good I guess.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Englands weaknesses were there to be exploited and Ireland did so superbly. Where was England creative attacking play?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Good rugby to watch so far! Scotland got some tries, and Ireland looked like an amazing team again!

Scamper
    Free Member

In the context, the hammering of the championship, that.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As usual in any sport everyone wants to beat the english!! Admittedly we were poor and ireland were awesome, never gave england any time on the ball. Ogara still got some skills tho!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rather patronising to the Irish team there wrightyson. Ireland had more to prove to themselves and their fans today. It was the last chance in the 6N to show what they can do. It transcends merely “beating the English”, which to be fair, hasn’t really been much of a problem in recent years.

bruk

Couple of cracking games this avo. Scotland finally turned up in the 2nd half of the last game of the 6N. Scored a couple of tries but more importantly actually looked like scoring tries.

Ireland were focused and committed and just blew England away in the 1st 20 mins.

27 points for the Welsh will be a bit too much. I see France reacting to their loss by attempting to flatten them.

wrightyson
    Free Member

At what point was describing the Irish as awesome patronising??? Fool!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fool!

Oooh. Get you girlfriend. Personal insults…tut tut.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i agree wrightyson personally I thought it was just the usual english arrogance to be fair.

As usual in any sport everyone wants to beat the english

Yes no scalp is higher priced than that of the fine and noble english folk and lets be honest we all know that no one really wants to win in any sport unless it is against england who excel in all they do…well except humility

Hairychested
    Free Member

Beating England is the highlight of the day for the Irish. More important than anything else. They were the better team undoubtedly, England never turned up.
    La Frogs vs. Sheep Cuddlers now, should be good 😉
    P.s. Apologies to sheep.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well done Ireland, just played very good rugby. Now then, what’s Shaun Edwards done?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Come on Welshies, some of you have got ears in the right places, what has Edwards said or done???

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Congratulations to the Irish BTW – a very well deserved win. Made the form team of the tournament look like rank amateurs with their nous, aggression and all round vision.
    Hope England can learn from this kicking but i doubt it, we’ll still see ‘happy’ looking clueless in the centre. He had several chances to put men into space tonight but instead chose to run into a green wall.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh hello muddy, you’ve been quiet since the first half.

EDIT: just seen your next post. Fair dues.

And Hairychested, the fans enjoy it more than the players. This particular batch of players are kinda used to beating the English.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

DD – Been cooking tea, always lead the rock n roll lifestyle here a the dwarf mine… 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

Something naughty, Wales left him at home and Gatland won’t say why.

donsimon
    Free Member

As usual in any sport everyone wants to beat the english!!

Have you ever wondered why this is?

Muddydwarf I’m confused, are you english or Welsh? You seem a tad confused.

Congratulations dd, enjoy. 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I might have Welsh blood from my Maternal Grandmothers side – the Williams from South Wales – but rest assured i’m pure English! 😛

Hairychested
    Free Member

@DD, I know – your lot were vastly superior than theirs. Not only today but over the years.

maxray
    Free Member

Can’t knock that Irish display, you have to wonder why they struggle to perform like that against other teams tho. Hoping for Wales to win by a point or two..

England the best team of the tournament, as the table currently show.

Bet the southern hemisphere teams are pissing themselves, all 6 teams would get mullered at the mo!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bet the southern hemisphere teams are pissing themselves, all 6 teams would get mullered at the mo!!

And that, is what we really need to worry about.

donsimon
    Free Member

muddydwarf – Member

I might have Welsh blood from my Maternal Grandmothers side – the Williams from South Wales – but rest assured i’m pure English!

muddydwarf – Member

Come on Welshies,

but rest assured i’m pure English

Really?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

:lol:Don Simon – go back and look at what i actually wrote…

I asked you Welsh lot a question, not cheer them!

donsimon
    Free Member

😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Its TRUE tho, even the Albanians play like barca when it comes to playing engerland at football! However the Irish firmly deserved the win, harried hustled generally upset England every (short) period we had possession! Oh and junkyard, **** humility, all I wanna do as an England fan is win win win!

brakes
    Free Member

Ireland played better and won, fair enough.
    England lack belief, as with many England sporting teams.
    they still deserve to win the tournament though 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

After that display i’m not so sure England do deserve the tournament win 🙁

It doesn’t matter anyway. It was GS or bust for England and that’s gone.

brakes
    Free Member

why?
    surely winning the tournament is a good result?
    best in the northern hemisphere?
    where are the real England fans on this thread?

psling
    Free Member

maxray – Member
    Can’t knock that Irish display, you have to wonder why they struggle to perform like that against other teams tho. Hoping for Wales to win by a point or two..

If the referee and his assistants knew the rules of the game in the Wales-Ireland game, Ireland would be up there with England on 8 points tonight 😕

Despite Easter and Johnson saying that possibly winning the 6 Nations tonight is totally overshadowed by being outplayed and outclassed by Ireland, it’s interesting to note that Johnson put on older experienced players in the 2nd half to stem the flow of Irish points and thus give Wales an unlikely target.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 950 total)

The topic ‘6 nations thread, let the arguments commence’ is closed to new replies.