Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 950 total)
  • 6 nations thread, let the arguments commence
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I rented a flat from his Dad.

That French lad is quick tho too.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

True, Nigel Walker was blisteringly quick. Not the most natural of rugby players.

We were talking current players but Andy Harriman was one of the best players I’ve ever seen at actually using his incredible pace to the maximum effect. He should have played more for England.

Martin Offiah was the same, in league, in that he could use his speed in just the right way to cause havoc.

For me though, Rupeni Caucaunibuca was the best. Around 2003-2005 before he ate ALL the pies and I do mean “all” 😆 .

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

namastebuzz

You think Crofty is quicker than Vernon and gray? He is the only England forward with any pace about him IMo but no way is he as quick as Gray and Vernon – both of who regularly run down opposing backs indeed Gray caught Cueto easily from behind IIRC

Fastest plyer on the park would be Mossy ( paterson) No? Ran down your winger

Edit:

My bet would be that position for position the scotland players would be faster in the majority of places with only ashton. Foden and maybe croft being quicker than their counterparts –
    I do wish they would publish 40m times for the players – It would be interesting

anagallis_arvensis

1/2p is frighteningly quick
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iC_YWjzJU&feature=related[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USd_yIfiRos[/video]

I was very suprised to see Patterson catch Foden.

And the sad news is that Shane Williams has played his last 6 Nations game, a true great.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWenHcXRFng&feature=fvst[/video]

note to chris ashton, the last try shows how to dive for a try.

molgrips
    Free Member

He could only do those things because he’s short, really!

Pigface
    Free Member

Nigel Walker went to athletics after he didnt make the Wales U18’s, he got bumped in favour of Steve Pill who is a mates brother. Steve was potentialy a brilliant player but didnt have the commitment, he still played for a number of good clubs. Didnt Walker become head of sport at BBC Wales in Llandaf?

TimP
    Free Member

Croft is very fast

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFHu6JCzrRM&feature=player_embedded#at=21[/video]

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Richie Vernon has just signed for Sale 🙂

Scamper
    Free Member

Chris Paterson is no out right speedster. Yes, he caught Foden with the angle, but if i recall didn’t Foden take him on one on the outside later in the match?

Sad not see Williams play this weekend. One of the true all time greats who was looking good for Campo’s try scoring rcord

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed, very sad to see Shane out of this weekend’s game.

Here’s hoping he scores a bundle in NZ!

brakes
    Free Member

if only it was just about speed eh?!
    One thing to be sure of, England are quicker at scoring points 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Brakes – clearly the best team in the tournament. Bugger it 🙁

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Love that Shane compilation, reminds me of the old compliations bbcwales used to show after games, do they still do that?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

TJ – having previously agreed with you I now disagree. I’d be surprised if ANY of the Scotland side were faster than Croft.

Paterson had an angle on Foden and made a great tackle – doesn’t make him faster. Remember him getting burned off by Mauro Bergamasco over a good 60yds a few years ago?

Just coz you tackle someone from behind doesn’t make you faster than they are. At school I tackled a guy from behind who ran 10.6 for the 100m but as a lumbering No.8 there was no way I was quicker.

As Brakes says – it’s not just about speed anyway.

Roll on the weekend and the wooden spoon, the grand slam and the latest French soap opera to keep us entertained. THe SH bores keep telling us how crap we are but they have nothing as compelling to watch as we do. 🙂

namastebuzz
    Free Member

RBS 12 man shortlist for player of the tournament:

Chris Ashton
    Toby Flood
    James Haskell
    Tom Palmer
    Sam Warburton
    James Hook
    Sean O’Brien
    Ronan O’Gara
    Thierry Dusautoir
    Maxime Médard.
    Fabio Semenzato
    Andrea Masi

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Id have to put Parrise and Grey in there as well
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSpiYWB-5Sk[/video]

namastebuzz
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Id have to put Parrise and Grey in there as well

Well I think they’ve just selected the 12 man of the match winners – which seems a dumb way of doing it.

I think Gray has been fantastic so far although the blame for the poor lineout showing and weak scrummaging Scotland have displayed has to lie partially with the locks.

anagallis_arvensis

fastest player, no idea, here is the fastest fat man though…. bellies gonna get you
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2NHlCMRxK8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Stuey01
    Free Member

fastest player, no idea, here is the fastest fat man though…. bellies gonna get you

That’s amazing!

Tom Palmer for player of the tournament. Has been immense in every game and the lineout % for England is ridiculously good.

anagallis_arvensis

you think thats amazing look at his latest effort, I swear he disappears at one point!!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3f0BggE__4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Pigface
    Free Member

Amazing try 😀

namastebuzz
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    I swear he disappears at one point!!

But that’s been the problem with Caucau – he threatens to be the best player in the world ever and then disappears!

Usually, back to his island in Fiji where he’s a chief or something and he sits around drinking/eating/smoking dope/shagging/being famous where no-one can find him and offer him huge sums of money to lose about four stone and light up rugby fields with his genius again.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Brian O’Driscoll described CauCau as the best player he’s ever seen.

Here’s why:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qdM6O26CY[/video]

duckman

That props quick,it’s the way of the modern game,still bet he gets a bollocking for hanging around the backs.

DezB
    Free Member

3:45 of namastebuzz’s video. 3 tacklers. Gone. Amazing.

legend
    Free Member

Away from the pitch chat, Scotland tickets start at £30 (plus £5 booking fee iirc) for the Italy match….. that’ll be a packed out stadium then 🙄 The SRU marketing team should be shot

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

£30 to see the one of the best teams in the tournament? I’d pay that!

Suppose you have to watch the opposition in the dark blue as well, though.

😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Apologies if posted before, but….

What a player…..what a player….!

Diolch yn fawr, Shane.

Pigface
    Free Member

He is simply a great player, the one against South Africa when he went through 5 of them is my favourite along with the one to put the Scotish away last year.

Amazing that he played with Garin Jenkins and Matt Cardey.

Some dodgy barnetts though 😀

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Not the best Shane Williams compilation but maybe it’s all the Beeb had?

Agree with Pigface – that try against SA was amazing.

He also set up a load of brilliant tries too.

Still think Caucau could’ve been the greatest. I don’t like the ABs poaching South Sea Islanders but if they’d got him before he played for Fiji (which they tried to do) just think what he could have done in 10yrs playing for the ABs? Instead he’s got about 10 caps for Fiji. 😕

Oh quote from BloodandMudmade me laugh:

France are like an unethical travelling circus in which the impresario has coerced the mentally ill to perform.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

namastebuzz – Member
    Not the best Shane Williams compilation but maybe it’s all the Beeb had?

It was s 6N compliation, so none of his utter brilliance in Lions, Ospreys, Neath or Amman shirts!

Scamper
    Free Member

I like the try Williams puts Habanna on his backside. Shane still got skinned by Ngwenya (as would most) but to be fair he started from a standing start and tried to tacke him high and got a hand off.

A great weekend of rugby, including a trip to Franklin’s Garden for the LV cup final.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Suppose you have to watch the opposition in the dark blue as well, though.

Won’t be anyone playing in dark blue on Saturday! 😛

anagallis_arvensis

Come on Ireland

god I feel dirty for saying that 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

+1 AA! 🙂

Also…..FORZA ITALIA!

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Come on Ireland

god I feel dirty for saying that

+1 as well.

I have mucho Irish blood in my family, but I have a feeling that today I may be Italian.

Ciao!

(Must promise not to criticise the ref, for a change…..)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Italia! Italia!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oi – stop cheering Italy – they got their win.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No! 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Hang on, every bloomin’ celt cheers whoever is playing England yet if i return the favour you get shirty????

I want to see Italy improve and take their place in the 6N with another win. I suspect the Celts may just regret inviting the Italians into the Magners League…

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 950 total)

The topic ‘6 nations thread, let the arguments commence’ is closed to new replies.