Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • 502 Club Update
  • Mark

Today was a good day. We can now pay the first WordPress VIP bill in full and on time. That’s down to everyone who donated and we will always be grateful to you for your generosity and your faith in us.

Here’s where we are at currently.

We have had the new server at our disposal for several weeks now and we actually have a rudimentary version of the site up and running. The database is in place.  Andy is currently working through file migration ie. copying every image and file over to the new server. That’s terrabytes of stuff.

Anthony is focussed on the software side of things, making sure all our systems and plugins play nicely with each other.

Editorially we have some cool new tools to play with that will help us create some really nice articles. Zoe has given the list of donators names to Amanda who is laying them out in the mag. T-shirt REMINDER. Make sure you let Zoe know your preferred t-shirt size if you haven’t done so already.

T-shirt design is done. Order is going to the our supplier next week.

Things still to do..

Get the site indexed fully so that search will work properly and quickly. We have some AI tools to help us with that although we have no idea yet how good that will be.

Speed and performance setup. Complicated things with cache management and cron jobs that requires Andy and Anthony to write new code.

So far so good though and we have a tentative timeline for switchover at the end of the month. As a reminder, at launch we are simply looking for a carbon copy of the current site but one that is stable and fast. Once that is achieved we will start working on functional improvements and new stuff.

Cheers

Mark

Tracey

Thanks for the update. Thats great news

tenfoot

All sounds very positive. Good to hear.

dthom3uk

Good news.  Good luck with the migration.

brakestoomuch

Glad to hear you’ve hit your target and things can go ahead as planned. Hope it all goes well and not too much more hair is greyed or lost.

soundninjauk

Cheers for the update, all sounding positive.

the-muffin-man

Does this mean the Hamsters have been given a months notice!! 🐹

MoreCashThanDash

Does this mean the Hamsters have been given a months notice!! 🐹

They are getting extra weetabix  – the good stuff!

Drac

That’s great news.

funkmasterp

Genuinely cheered me up to read this. When’s the next raffle? I love a bit of light gambling

mtbfix

Good to hear. Long live reading about people pottering about on bikes!

Mark

Next raffle is being lined up. We may be able to release details tomorrow.

bruk

Thanks Mark. Great to hear about the progress. Hope Migration goes seamlessly!

Mark

Finalising the details but next raffle looks like a Niner Jet 9 RDO in choice of size and colour. Probably live Tuesday.

Sandwich

* Waits impatiently for Tuesday *

Mark

Gary’s raffle prize has now been delivered to him safe and sound.

Poopscoop

Good news Mark. I’ll be entering the raffle, that bike looks a bit nice.

Enjoy the bike Gary, just in time for Spring.👍

Sandwich

“are we nearly there yet”?

ThePinkster

Ooh, that Niner looks nice, will definitely be entering this one 👍

Mark
    retrorick

Ticket bought. 😁

lewisdeacon

just purchased mine too

MoreCashThanDash

I have reluctantly agreed to buy a few tickets as I really want that amazing looking bike in green, er, to support the cause.

lorax

Tickets bought. This could get expensive…

funkmasterp

Yes, in green! My fragile and chubby middle aged body needs rear suspension and gambling for a good cause is the only way I can move out of HT land!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Not too fussed about winning but a good excuse to chuck you £20 for the great stuff you all do.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.