• This topic has 44 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • 500 mile a month. (part 2).
  • ton

now i am once again healthy, and back riding, i am gonna give this a go again.
    last time a endomondo page was set up, but i cant be arsed with all that.
    just gonna post my mileage on here once per month.

anyone fancy it?

whitestone
    Free Member

Ruddy ‘ell Tony! What with this trainin’ regiment and tha diet tha’ll be a racing whippet by t’end o’ t’ year! 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

No thanks, but you have a cracking time at it.

simondbarnes

If I wasn’t injured then I’d have been up for it. Maybe I’ll start later in the year instead 🙂

ton

Ruddy ‘ell Tony! What with this trainin’ regiment and tha diet tha’ll be a racing whippet by t’end o’ t’ year!

lol…….tell you what it is. i want to get as much riding as possible in before the next worn out part of my body decides to pack in.
    left knee and hip are bookies faves…… 😆

fifeandy
    Free Member

500 miles a month between Nov-Feb sounds horrible. Best of luck to you but count me out!

Trekster

Starting Feb??
    MrsTs health is worse than mine!!!! Which means me doing most of the cooking, cleaning etc. Currently on a mission to get house, garden and other stuff into shape before retirement. Holiday in May = no chance of achieving many miles. Couple of work maint shutdowns in Jan/Feb means my energy levels will be depleted!!! Might manage it in March/April 😀

My normal week nowadays = 40ml commute, maybe a wee bit more depending on shopping.
    Night ride on a Tues = 10mls(ish). Sat & Sun is either nothing or 10-20mls……
    Past 4yrs has seen me add 2st to my aging body 😡

nathb
    Free Member

Do Zwift miles count? 😆

I’m down for 140 miles per week – mix of commuting, racing and zwifting.

lowey

Good luck to you all… but this year for me is smiles not miles!

Give me 20 hard earned, hiked a biked epic in the lakes any day over 40 miles commute.

ton

Give me 20 hard earned, hiked a biked epic in the lakes any day over 40 miles commute.

me too Dave, but sometimes you have to make do with what is available and with what your body allows you to do.

scotroutes

I’ll be happy to do 500km a month 🙂 I averaged that last year but I have more bike exploring, hillwalking, running and paddling on my to-do list this year.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve pedalled 150 mileS this month already so 500 mileS should be feasible. Not sure I want to do it every month though.

ton

13.69 miles per day. don’t look much does it………… 😀

whitestone
    Free Member

I seem to remember that you commute by bike as well, that helps pile on the miles. In my case it just so happens it would just about come to 500 miles per month 😯

ton

I do. 100 a week is easily achieved on my commute.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Well I followed the thread but didn’t join any endomondo group last year, and averaged over 500 a month (I missed whole of June after being hit by a car and finished the year on 6915).

Started this month with a few rest days after the Festive 500 and am still in CX season which means low mileage days- in fact I have 2 double-header weekends back to back at the end of the month.

So yeah I’m up for it but already predicting I’ll miss it this month!

piemonster

Ton, you need to come up for a formula for those of us that run as well as bike. Blowing a hoolie all week according to the forecast, ”tis XC running weather.

And then another formula for the Fell/Hill Runners 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hearing the rain and then hail nearly caving the windows in for hours last night put paid to this mornings commute.

In typical fashion, it was dry for what would’ve been my commute time…

Mister-P
    Free Member

There you go, 500 miles done this month.

ton

bloody heck…………slow down a bit and enjoy it 😆

well done tho.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’m at 415Km about half of which is commuting.

I feel like I’ve got too many “challenges” on at the moment: 500 miles/month; a 100Km ride per month; the Strava January climbing challenge; the fat fighter’s club 😳

ton

325 miles so far this month, with a week to go. not sure if i will make 500.

you know when you just cant be arsed. well that is me this month. crap miles crap diet crap attitude……… 😐

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

325 miles so far this month, with a week to go. not sure if i will make 500.

you know when you just cant be arsed. well that is me this month. crap miles crap diet crap attitude………

Ha Ha! Well done pal! My ‘can’t be arsed’ is to do with the dismal miserable weather, just can’t be arsed. I’ve done exactly 20 miles this month cos I can’t be arsed!

What ya doing Sunday?

PJay
    Free Member

That’s beyond me I’m afraid, but good on you.

Having been someone who got badly caught up in an obsessive exercise cycle years ago (weights), just make sure that you never stop enjoying it (and if you do, ease off)!

Mister-P
    Free Member

That’s January and February’s 500 miles done.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ll get to the 500 mile mark on the commute home 🙂 That’s despite not doing anything last week due to a cold.

Also managed the Strava climbing challenge (7500m for the month) but that’s easy to do round here – a month’s commuting would amount to 7000m!

Gary_M
    Free Member

On average I’ll do 500 miles a month but due to holidays, icy conditions, etc I don’t normally do 500 in January/February.

I’ve had a great January so far though and will probably do around 420, but I did take the first two weeks of the month off.

As long as I hit 6000 I’ll be happy, although over 6053 would be better as that was my 2016 total.

Really loving riding at the moment, was starting to hate commuting in December but those two weeks off really helped.

500 miles a month between Nov-Feb sounds horrible

November and February are usually pretty good, starts getting light on February commutes which is amazing. December is a hard month usually although 2015 & 2016 I did over 600 miles. January can be hard but this one has been fantastic so far.

whitestone
    Free Member

I think it’s helped that January has been pretty mild and dry.

@gary_M I know what you mean about December – it just feels like a drag to get to the year end and everything’s always dark for the commute. This week I’ve noticed that it’s much lighter when leaving work even on the dull days, another month and most of the commute will be in daylight.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I know what you mean about December – it just feels like a drag to get to the year end and everything’s always dark for the commute. This week I’ve noticed that it’s much lighter when leaving work even on the dull days, another month and most of the commute will be in daylight.

Yeh its been much lighter in the mornings this week, the first part of my commute is on a segregated cycle path and I’ve switched my front light off about 7:30. It’s the small wins. Happy days.

Not very mild this morning!

whitestone
    Free Member

No, not mild this AM – my feet were definitely cold when I got to work 🙁 Almost a full week’s commute this week – I got the train in on Tuesday AM due to ice but rode home.

I run a dynamo light (front and rear) so it just gets left on.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Almost a full week’s commute this week – I got the train in on Tuesday AM due to ice but rode home

Four days for me, had a day off on Wednesday, which definitely helps in winter.

Mister-P
    Free Member

My Garmin said minus 5.5 degrees this morning. If the car had not been in the garage having new brakes fitted I think I would have driven.

nathb
    Free Member

567 miles so far 🙂

nedrapier

Just been doing some mileage sums. going to finish January on 200 trail miles, don’t strava the commute because it’d be ridiculous – half a mile to the station, and 2 miles the other end. So 300 miles per month average riding, I’m not going to be doing another 200 trail miles, and I doubt I’ll be bothered enough to get out on the road bike for 200 miles if I could be out on the mtb instead.

So I’m going to say no! There’s be a few months I might be over, if it happens it happens. I could ride home once a week, that’d do it. I think I probably won’t, though!

ianfitz
    Free Member

I went through 500 for January on my ride this morning. Mostly off road as I have a mountain bike based commute.

845km and 14,850m so far this month. They’ll be a few more more the 31st I’d guess

ton

439 miles as of today………most of it on 3” chronicles.
    my jones is getting comfy at last…..far more than my tourer.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I would be delighted with 100miles per month!!!!

May try that actually!!!

teamslug
    Free Member

Just over the 500km mark this month (517.3). Missed part of the month on my jollies for my 50th. Not 500 miles but I’m pretty happy with that for Jan. Well done to the 500 milers. I’ll give a go in Feb but according to The Mirror :roll:Feb’s weather is going to be like armageddon!.

ton

456 miles as of teatime today, might get 20 in tomorrow, so a fail for me.
    still quite happy, managing what i have done, in my 1st month riding proper after nearly 4 month off the bike recovery from my ankle op.

onwards and upwards. 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I hit 45 miles this year, today! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘500 mile a month. (part 2).’ is closed to new replies.