Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 27.5 40mm ID rim/wheel options
  • mcnultycop

My Raceface ARC40 rear rim won’t seal tubeless at lower pressures any more, I guess after a few too many dings and bumps. I’ve tried cleaning up the rim but when I drop the pressure I lose air from the rim/bead interface at various points. It holds air perfectly well at about 20psi though, annoyingly.

I can’t get a replacement rim ARC40 in 32h, although 28h seem to be out there. I do like the tyre profile on the 40mm rims and, whilst there’s loads of 35mm options out there, I want to stick with 40mm. The bike is a few years old so I’m not hung up on matching wheels and the hubs are just generic Formula ones, so “what Boost 40mm ID rear wheel for sub £200 please?”

bri-72

WTB scraper I think were choice of 40 or 45 internal. Also Lovemud rumpus 40 or 45 IIRC.

sillyoldman

DT XM551

nixie

Scraper had been replaced I think but WTB still have a 40mm id option. Love mud were fine but a bit heavy.

mcnultycop

I’d not thought of looking at Sonder, bizarre really as I’ve just bought a Camino. They do sound a bit weighty and are 44mm ID so things may get a bit tight at the back. Looks like they only do full wheel sets is a bit of a waste.

I’d seen the WTB “tough” in 40mm ID but I couldn’t source any UK stock and (a few weeks ago at least) the EU sites wouldn’t ship rims to the UK.

XM551 look like an option but pricier to build up (if only because I’d want a nicer hub than the generic formula one with the nicer rim).

mcnultycop

Wow, that is cheap. I’ll bear that one in mind if I can’t get a 40mm option for sensible money.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I have bought a pair of these Duroc from Decathlon for swapping between my ebike and trail bike. There are 2 different sets of Sun Ringle Durocs on Decathlon. The more expensive ones have Sun Ringle SRC hubs. The cheaper ones are Lee Chi hubs. The cheaper ones are what are specced on the Decathlon Brose Ebike E-St900, so I figured that should be up to ebike use.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘27.5 40mm ID rim/wheel options’ is closed to new replies.