• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by fifo.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 3D Baby Scans..
  • FFJA
    Free Member

Evening,
    Mrs JA has seen an offer on for 3D baby scans… Anyone had one? Are around 26 weeks which i think is the recommended time but is it A )An interesting extra look at tiny human or B) A terrifying plasticene like baby-monster?
    Ta

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think it’s the kind of thing you and mrs JA might like. I wouldn’t go showing it to anyone else.

RichPenny
    Free Member

B)

A stunning likeness to the reality of small children 😉

Swelper
    Free Member

Will those 3D glasses be needed to get the full effect

crikey
    Free Member

As long as you appreciate that everyone you show it to will say ‘Ooh how lovely’ while simultaneously thinking ‘Do go away now’.

fifo
    Free Member

Both A, and B

sweepy
    Free Member

Do they print it out on one of those 3d printers?

TooTall
    Free Member

It won’t be long before you have the real 3D baby and you’ll really need the money then. Waste of cash.

blades2000
    Free Member

We had one, daughter at the time proceeded to look directly at the camera so for us a waste of money. (Think ours may have been 4d DVD of the 3d image)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Complete waste of money, unless there is some medical reason for having one. Save your money for when you have a real one in your hands.

If you want to see what a foetus / baby looks like at 26 weeks, the Royal College of Surgery Museum in London has plenty of real ones in glass jars.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Some A, mostly B. Didn’t bother for either of ours having seen the ones our friends had done.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Definitely A, I thought it was fantastic and a very emotional experience. Also in the grand scheme of costs related to children its not that expensive. I would have regretted not getting it done. It was a 4d scan we had.

luffy105
    Free Member

We got one when my wife was pregnant with twins. Maybe it is because there were two but it was a just a pretty confusing pic tbh. More like a bad day in the Wallace and Grommit studios than a a crisp picture of two babies.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Makes it look like a badly shaped potato normally.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

It can be a scarily accurate vision of how little one looks once they are here. It can also be an expensive waste of time and money. Depends on having fluid in the correct place and and a baby that plays the game positioning wise.
    Also contributing to the overall effect is the Sonographer and the machine they are using. The technology has been round for ten years and so an old system with this function could be way less capable of nice 3D/4D scans.
    You pays your money and you takes your chance. In the end though most people are ecstatic with the results. Think how many grainy, creased, black and white twelve week scans you have had thrust under you nose in the past.

edited for missing LESS

molgrips
    Free Member

The only time I ever felt more than a bit of scientific curiosity was when I saw the tiny beating heart of our second when we thought she might be dead.

fifo
    Free Member

The only time I ever felt more than a bit of scientific curiosity was when I saw the tiny beating heart of our second when we thought she might be dead.

We had a dating scan as the missus was somewhat irregular prior to us finding out she was pregnant. seeing teh heart for teh first time in what’s our first baby ranks amongst the most amazing moments in my life

superfli
    Free Member

Waste of money IMO. I didn’t really want to fork out the £100 odd for one, but missus persuaded me.
    After 3 visits and scans, we had nothing to show. Baby was hidden each time.

Just wait for it to pop out.

molgrips
    Free Member

seeing teh heart for teh first time in what’s our first baby ranks amongst the most amazing moments in my life

See, I never got this. I knew there was a beating heart in there, but it was just a foetus to me. Listening to my four year old disgorge the contents of her bonkers four year old brain is much more amazing to me, it happens many times a day 🙂

GrahamS

Screenshot from ours:

It is a waste of money in that it doesn’t really serve any medical purpose and you may not get good results BUT it was really amazing to see and a bit of a moment for first time parents.

We didn’t bother second time around.

fifo
    Free Member

. Listening to my four year old disgorge the contents of her bonkers four year old brain is much more amazing to me, it happens many times a day

Yeah, I’ve got all this to look forwrad to!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘3D Baby Scans..’ is closed to new replies.