Home Forums Bike Forum 32mm winter tubeless road tyres

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • 32mm winter tubeless road tyres
  • preseli
    Free Member

Any recommendations. Fast rolling, good grip in the wet , tubeless and 32mm

dovebiker

Panaracer Gravelking road tyres – surprisingly fast rolling

Saccades
    Free Member

Spec Roubaix, 30/32.

DezB
    Free Member

Spendy – Schwalbe G-One Speed
    Not so – Spesh Roubaix Pro 2Bliss

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Hutchison Sectors,
    They roll fast enough for me in the winter (no idea how they roll against others)
    they also tough in winter on crap and rough roads.

Frankers
    Free Member

I use Continental GP5000TL all year round. Rate them highly

mikeyp

+1 for the 5000TLs all year round. Better grip than the secteurs as well.

footflaps

I use 32mm GP5000s on my winter bike, although they come up narrower than 32mm (as do all 5000s). My old GP4000s 28mm were wider on the same rims.

mikeyp

Yep. I can run 28s with mudguards in the 5000s but can’t with 4000s.

Frankers
    Free Member

Just checked my GP5000 32 tyres and they measure 32.8mm on my callipers. Rim width 20/24mm

fudge9202
    Free Member

+1 Specialized Roubaix Pro 2Bliss 32’s

Daffy

Another 32mm GP5000TL user. I’ve tried Hutchinson Sector 32s, Specialized Roubaix, Vittoria Terra, but the GP5000TL are the best I’ve used. Grippy out of the box, last well, roll nicely, feel supple and if you shop around, not too expensive.

footflaps

Just checked my GP5000 32 tyres and they measure 32.8mm on my callipers. Rim width 20/24mm

The absolute width you achieve is rim dependant, but all 5000s are narrower compared with their 4000 predecessors by more than 10%, so my 5000 32mm come up narrower (30mm) than the 4000 28mm (which measure 32mm) on the same rims. Had the same experience with their 25mm and 28mm versions.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I like the Maxxis ReFuse. Come in 32mm width

anagallis_arvensis

Spesh roubaix have been good for me, done a year of winter roadie and commute duties, was initially worried when I got a puncture that wouldn’t seal on first ride, but been fine since. Rear needs replacing now as it’s gone a bit puncture prone last few weeks, although most sealed, one needed a worm thingy. They grip well and roll fine but are a bit slower than 28’s or 25’s.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Bontrager R3 hard case lite. 32c. Good grip and fast rolling.

GHill

Not a huge fan of GP5000 – I spin out the rear far too easily on steep climbs. I like the G one speed, but the tread wears easily especially given how much they cost.

ransos
    Free Member

Hutchison Sectors,
    They roll fast enough for me in the winter (no idea how they roll against others)
    they also tough in winter on crap and rough roads.

Yup. I ran the 28mm version and they were tough as old boots. Fairly light and easy to mount, too.

13thfloormonk

I haven’t gone tubeless on the winter bike yet, but if and when I do it would be some Pirelli Cinturatos I went with, they’d be lighter than what I run now and have a thicker tread depth which makes me think they would be less prone to glass or thorn punctures.

Seem to review well also.

andydt82

Another vote for speciaized roubaix 30/32. 1 year of commutes (back when that was a thing) with 1 puncture (from a big shard of glass) that needed a plug. Surprisingly capable on roughish tracks too.

Fantombiker

Another vote for Hutchinson sectors, rode all year, all weathers….very impressed

beer247
    Free Member

I ran G-One speeds in 35c for a while, defo slower than something smaller but the grip was amazing.

Now running Hutchinson Fusion5’s in 30c for my “summer” tyres – definitely not as grippy but a lot faster.

branes
    Free Member

+1 Sectors have been very good for me, stay up very well tubeless.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘32mm winter tubeless road tyres’ is closed to new replies.