Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 3.14 100 mile Sportive
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Just looking at the results of a sportive my mate did. And was taken a back by the 100 miler finishing time of just over 3.14.
    I’ve been a bit unfair about sportives and their riders in the past, but yep that’s good. I assume/hope the guy was at least a competent tester.

That time wees in the shoes of the fastest 60 mile finisher at a time of 3.05

paul4stones

Finished with a pi no doubt 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Is that a pie or mathematical equation?

paul4stones

I read your title and assumed it was a sportive for mathematicians with pastry based refreshments.

ratcatcher

Do you suspect it was all downhill? That’s better than good “doping” 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

are you sure aboout that time – isn’t that a better average than the olympic road race?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Find that time very hard to believe, that’s 30 odd mph average speed. Is that not faster than TdF time trial pace?

Were there other times similar to that?

Just worked it out 30.9mph average speed against TdF prologue speeds of around 33mph obviously over a much shorter distance.

Edric64
    Free Member

I dont believe that time its better than the 100 mile tt comp record and not far off the straight out 100 rra record which I think is 3.10 with a tail wind

m1kea
    Free Member

Err that smashes Kevin Dawson’s CTTC 100 mile Comp Record of 3:22:45 set in 2003 so I don’t think so.

Sure that wasn’t for 100 KM instead of miles?

4:14 I can believe but would still be a cracking time.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Can we have a link to these results and some details of what sportive it was?

oldgit
    Free Member

Oh yeah 😳 just looked at the 100 TT times. I believe there was a TT going on as well. It was for the Blenheim Sportive. Only seen the fastest times.

From Sportive.com

Richard Bent was the fastest finisher in the 100 mile race in a time of 3:14.25 and Steve Mason was the fastest finisher in the 60 mile sportive in a time of 3:05.33. The slowest finisher in the 100 mile sportive came home in 9:58.32 and in the 60 mile event the slowest rider took 9:47.55.

Am I getting my knickers in a twist. Was the 100 miler a TT as it refers to that as a race, and the 60 miler as a sportive?

Edit; That’s tripe isn’t it.

m1kea
    Free Member

Never been but Blenheim has a selection of races and events – http://www.rttc.org.uk/Home/tabid/36/itemid/3151/Default.aspx

Still flatly refuse to believe that 3:14 for 100 miles as that’s an average of 30.91mph

Edric64
    Free Member

3.14 is still to fast for a 100 mile tt .It wasnt roller racing was it?

njee20
    Free Member

I assume/hope the guy was at least a competent tester.

Even if he had done a 3:14 for a 100 mile sportive, what business is it of yours if he’s a ‘competent tester’?! Get over yourself!

Edric64
    Free Member

Or was it recumbent racing

oldgit
    Free Member

!

Get over yourself!

WTF is your problem

Jase
    Free Member

He must have been having a good day as he did the 70 mile Southern Sportive in 4hr 2 mins (assumining its the same Richard Bent).

shortcut

Pretty sure Lance isn’t that quick!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Too fast IMHO unless he is a pro and even then still an impressive TT as no one was working with him at that pace
    Its also a new record time and by some so i would go for NO

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘3.14 100 mile Sportive’ is closed to new replies.