Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 3 x days riding in Conwy Valley – Some Autumn Piccies
  • Vortexracing

Just got back from a long weekend at the Static Caravan in Conwy.
    Managed to bag 3 rides, 2 over Conwy mountain and 1 round Penmachno.

This time of year is great, the colours of the landscape are just breathtaking. I’m a bit crap at this photo thing but here are some from the 3 days:-

Some piccies here from Sunday. From the top behind Conwy you could see both Ireland and Black Combe in the Lakes, clearest I have ever seen it

Ireland

P1020919 by eastham_david, on Flickr

Lakes, Blackpool/Ltyham and Windmills

P1020918 by eastham_david, on Flickr

Obligatory bike shot

P1020922 by eastham_david, on Flickr

a few more

P1020910 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1020912 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1020911 by eastham_david, on Flickr

Tuesday was much more cloudy, but with the sun breaking through onto the castle it was still stunning.

Castle and Conwy

P1020952 by eastham_david, on Flickr

another bike shot

P1020951 by eastham_david, on Flickr

Looking down the Valley and over to Blackpool again.

P1020942 by eastham_david, on Flickr

Yesterday was Penmachno whilst the 2 kiddies went riding at Ty Coch/Gwydyr stables I managed 2 laps of loop 2. Although up there with Kirroughtree as being one of the best singletrack trail centres, it is by far the wettest. The place is a like a never ending trail of water.

Very wet singletrack

P1020970 by eastham_david, on Flickr

again autumn colours at their best

P1020977 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1020969 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1020966 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1020963 by eastham_david, on Flickr

My shimano ‘so called’ waterproof boots proved incapable of keeping my feet dry, so it’s 3 days of drying them out on the radiator again 🙄

cheers

Chucky

plecostomus
    Free Member

It’s the isle of man you can see not ireland!

cp

nice pics! Jealous 🙂

Vortexracing

Funny enough I thought about getting a map out and checking it myself, it seems a little too far South, seeing as puffin island is just out of the shot to the left. But you could very well be right 😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

lucky b@stard wondered why you were not in will
    You about tomorrow or any one in for me to drop it off?
    Cheers as well not needed but glad I wore it

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nice. I’ve been up there a couple of times meself. Love Conwy Mountain and around there. Do you by any chance know Kevevs off here?

Vortexracing

No sorry Johnny off to see Paul Carrack in concert at Preston tomorrow, but will be around Saturday and Sunday. Unless the Mrs gets this bloody ballon ride sorted, then Sunday will be in the Lakes.

Vortexracing

Met one guy up there a couple of years ago, but can’t recall his name.

Fantastic place for riding, so much quieter than the lakes.

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah baby! you can nearly see my house in the 7th pic down. It’s ace up there, dunno why I don’t go more often. Went Penmachno on monday, it wasn’t as wet as that, really nice, leaves everywhere, colours are changing now, lovely 🙂 Nice pics.

Do you ride up from that bridge across the rails on Bangor Rd near the knackered old Garage? tried descending into Abergwyngregyn from Drum, that’s a laugh. I think it’s the old roman road.

Vortexracing

Do you ride up from that bridge across the rails on Bangor Rd near the knackered old Garage

Sure do, The caravan is on the Aberconwy site near the beach.

Usually ride up the BW across the road at Sychnant Pass then up and behind the Mountain, loads of tracks to follow. Ended up at an old quarry site just above the standing stones on the Tuesday, turned round and headed back down just in time for Tea 😆

That knackered old garage BTW is now a block of flats !!

Bunnyhop

Oooh lovely photos.

Was thinking of getting up there again before the winter sets in and Penmachno freezes up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘3 x days riding in Conwy Valley – Some Autumn Piccies’ is closed to new replies.