Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • 2pure – too poor customer service
  • dazzlingboy

Worst customer service ever!

Emailed about a Joplin repair. A week later got a response saying “send it in – we’ll sort it – 10 day turnaround aim”. Not a lightning fast response but sounded very fair and I posted it off.

6 weeks later I haven’t heard a word. I have emailed now 3 times looking for an update – no response whatsoever. Tried phoning – answerphone doesn’t take messages – just gives you a message telling you to email them!

I’ve a fair bundle of Crank Brothers kit – including 3 Joplins which I’m pretty hacked off I bought now. I’ll not be splashing out on any more Crank Brothers bling as there appears to be zero backup when the kit needs repair.

CACK! 👿

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve had really good service from 2Pure. I emailed to ask where I could by a spare crown race for a Crank Bros headset from, so I could swap forks between bikes. They replied the same day, asked me for my adress and I had the spare next day for free.

Difference is: the headsets work, the Joplins don’t…

dazzlingboy

seems I’m not the only one waiting for an email….

Other hacked off customers here.

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve had a few dealings with them and they’ve been nothing but efficient and fair

mustard
    Free Member

I’ll stick up for 2pure too. Especially as they are happy to deal direct with customers for support and repairs which should really go through the shop you bought it from. Always been a great help to me and if it’s a toss up between two products and one comes through them it would be enough to sway my descision.

Maybe you’ve just caught them at a busy time. I’m sure they’ll see you right.

juan
    Free Member

Post office problem maybe?
    A lot of the parcels I am sending to the UK at the moment seem to disappear “en route”.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

2pure have been nothing but excellent to me up until now. I had a Joplin 3 which failed about 3 times, each time i got an immediate email response and the post was fixed and back to me within a week. They eventually replaced the joplin 3 with a joplin 4 free of charge, i then changed my frame and they sent me a 30.9mm joplin outer sleeve also free of charge! However the Joplin 4 recently broke, I sent them an email about a week ago and have still not had a reply, something must be up with 2pure as im really surprised.

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve had nothing but AMAZING service from 2pure, I too have a sh*t Joplin and when it goes wrong they always sort it. Must be an tech issue as I’m certain they wouldn’t just ignore you. Lets not forget they’ll be busy looking after poor crank bros products 🙄

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

not just me then, joplin dies after a couple of rides, send it back quoted ’10 day turnaround’ and nothing. this was back in march. reverb for me i think… if i ever get my joplin back to shift on ebay

MussEd
    Free Member

Sorted me out with joplin problems too. Nothing but praise. Wouldnt buy another Crank Bros post though…

nuke

I’m currently also having problems with my Joplins and did post on the other thread. 2Pure currently have one of my Joplin posts and the other has just packed up.

I have in the past had incredibly good service from 2Pure (All CB warranty returns)…the best from any bike-related company. I’ve only ever ‘risked’ buying CB stuff because of 2Pure’s good CS. A while ago I was one of the lucky ones to get sent free sweets and socks just for posting on a STW thread related to them! As per my post in the other thread, I’m just stating the facts of when I posted/emailed them and sharing the disappointment of not having the post back and working.

I’m sure 2Pure will do right by those with problems but it sounds like they are currently just overwhelmed with returns at the moment…

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

may be overwhelmed but frustrating when emails go unanswered and calls go to a message saying to email!

AlexSimon

Crank Bros bad
    2Pure good

crazy-legs

Well that’s what you get for buying a droppy seatpost!

2Pure are fantastic, excellent customer service. They’re happy to deal direct with customers (most distributors just give a standard “go to a shop” response), they sorted out some NiteRider repairs on a way-out-of-warranty light FOC for me. The head guy posts on here quite regularly as well.

It’s just a shame that they have to deal with Crank Bros stuff which probably keeps the warranty dept busy all day. 🙁

nacho
    Free Member

My Joplin 4 has just gone back for repair for the second time – leaking oil. First time 2Pure had it back to me within a week of receipt so pretty good. It’s such a shame these seatposts have issues as when working they are an amazing product!

RudiBoy
    Free Member

I can only give them priase….

ISIS BB failed, new one within 4 days. emails answered within a day or so.

djc1245
    Free Member

I had a Niterider solmate that seemed to have a loose cable. Emailed to see if i could buy a new head unit. They told me to send it to them and they would repair it. Postage was slow as it was around the heavy snow time. They sent me a brand new Minewt with USB charger free of charge saying the solmate was beyond repair. Excellent service.

nuke

ISIS BB failed

When my CB ISIS BB failed, they contacted me before I had contacted them! I had mentioned it in passing on a STW thread and a couple of days later they emailed me and sent me a brand new one.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Superb when I dealt with them earlier in the year about a new seal for my Joplin….

LS
    Free Member

2Pure completely rebuilt a pair of out-of-warranty 4Ti ‘Beaters for me, FOC, when they got a bit sloppy. New springs, body, the lot.

FuzzyWuzzy

2Pure were great for me to ages ago, it’s actually the only decent thing about CB products so if they’ve started to slip I’d question why anyone would bother risking trying CB tat in future.

Gnnr

I can’t get them to answer any of my emails either!

In the past they have been good at comms, don’t whats going on just now but it isn’t doing them any favours…

Hope 2Pure pick up on this thread.

akira

Only had very good service from them before, sent me part for Joplin for free.

Dr_Bakes

I’m still waiting on an email sent over a week ago following a phone call to them. To be fair I was warned it might be “a couple of days” before they got back to me due to a new starter in the warranty dept?!

It’s looking like being more like a couple of weeks. Perhaps they’re being trained up in Microsoft Outlook as we speak?

billyboy
    Free Member

2Pure have always been good when I’ve dealt with them

Crank Bros stuff does tend to need more warranty etc than most though!

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Apparently their workshop mechanic left over the Easter weekend.Know this as needed some pedals repairing.Was told maybe two or three weeks as and when new mechanic started.Arrived today! Quicker than expected! I am sure they will sort you out.
    Thanx Max

Freester

Yep another satisfied customer when my Eggbeaters fell apart. Twice.

Northwind

They’re usually fantastic. Though better customer service would be not selling bloody awful Crank Bros tat in the first place.

singlespeedstu

They’ve rebuild countless pairs of CB pedals for me. All without charge and a fast turnaround.

coogan
    Free Member

CrankBro pedals don’t half fall apart though.

singlespeedstu

That may be true but that doesn’t change the fact of how good the service is getting them all repaired for free.

coogan
    Free Member

If they didn’t fall apart so much they wouldn’t have to do it for free.

forgotmename
    Free Member

I sent a seatpost to them to be fixed about a month ago, lbs said they were without a warranty guy, so i phoned them to ask if it was in hand, and the lovely lady on the phone got it sorted asap and it was sent straight back to the shop, serviced and fixed free of charge, unfortunately post office got it to the shop the day after i went away, but hay ho i lived without it. So ive had what i consider good customer service.

singlespeedstu

and there was me thinking the OP asked about the “service” from 2 pure not how much Eggys fall apart. 😉

iain1775
    Free Member

privately imported Niterider lights, 18 months old US plug, no warranty
    Battery dies through my misuse (didnt charge over summer)
    Rang 2Pure
    Sent it in
    Brand new battery returned within 2 weeks and offer of a UK charger at very cheap price, nice letter saying it was a goodwill gesture as not under UK warranty so not really their problem
    Fair enough comment
    Excellent service would highly recommend 2pure

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I’ve always had brilliant service.
    Free servicing on the first batch of eggbeaters can’t be bad!

jedi

oh their posts are rubbish then? (crosses jolpin off list)

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

go on jedi, i’ll sell you my missing one!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘2pure – too poor customer service’ is closed to new replies.