Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2Bliss + UST Am I doing something wrong?
  • midlifecrisis
    Free Member

Hi all

Just fitted a Specialized Captain SWorks 2Bliss tyre onto my Mavic UST rim. It was a bit of a faff to get it seat on the rim but managed eventually.

Here is my problem – I can see air bubbling out of the sidewalls 🙁 (From all the soapy water I used to help it seat.)

I thought that these tyres did not need a sealant, like Stan’s milk, to work as tubeless or am I mistaken????

boxelder

Mine needed it, but then it’s good to have it in there surely?

simondbarnes

You need sealant, much like with Bontrager Tubeless Ready tyres.

2BLISS MTB TIRES

There’s a reason why our MTB pro team rides 2Bliss tires-they want a tire that can handle the low pressure they run (sometimes 25 psi) for durability and better traction, but they also want light weight. Specialized 2Bliss blends the best of both worlds. It’s not your standard tubetype (TT), which is lightweight, but can fall short on puncture resistance and “burps” when used with sealant. And it’s not your standard tubeless (UST) that reducespinch flats and the need for sealant, but often adds 200+ grams. 2Bliss is a whole new design that uses TT casing with a special UST bead, replacing the standard UST heavy backing with strategically placed rubber only around the bead. The result is a perfect tire for the discerning MTB rider: low pressure allowance, no burping and fewer grams than its forefathers.

Most of our MTB tires come in the revolutionary 2Bliss configuration, except for Sport models (DH, Armadillo, Armadillo Elite and 29″ tires excluded); TT and UST are no more. If you want to run our 2Bliss with a tube, be our guest. Without a tube, just grab a batch of our AirLock® Pro sealant, and you’re well on your way to a longer, better mountain ride, again and again.

(from Spesh website)

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

Good point …

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

simondbarnes – Member
    You need sealant, much like with Bontrager Tubeless Ready tyres.

2BLISS MTB TIRES

Thanks – I did try and do a search of the Specialized website but didn’t manage to find that.

I’ll pop into the LBS for some sealant tomorrow:)

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah, most of their 2bliss tyres are ridiculously thin, and puncture easily – so without sealant, theyd be no good at all. Or am I missing something?

owenfackrell
    Free Member

The idea is that you run sealet to stop punctures so they only make the bead tubeless and you use the sealent to keep them up.
    I have been using a pair of those for the last year and have just gone up to the 2.2 ones. I really like them and find them good in all onditions and places.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2Bliss + UST Am I doing something wrong?’ is closed to new replies.