Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 29er singlespeed options
  • tommo999
    Free Member

I have around £500 for a single speed, and I want to try a 29er. What are my options? I’ve seen On-One Scandal, Cannondale Trail and Genesis Fortitude. Any others??

sandwicheater

Can recommend the Scandal, lovely frame for the money. I don’t have in single speed guise but nice and lively. Would prefer 120mm travel.

letmetalktomark

Skookum.

Clobber
    Free Member

2nd hand Singular Swift?

Pyro

Trek Marlin SS.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

got a large Swift to sell when I’ve stripped it if you’re interested

robob
    Free Member

i can recommend the canondale rides really well. was a little shorter than i expected but wider flat bars and a layback post was enough to sort that. you may also need to stiffen up the gear a little.

tinribz
    Free Member

Charge Cooker, quite like the Faucet though it’s not SS.

tommo999
    Free Member

I like the look of the cannondale but don’t really wanna have to upgrade straight away.

Not sure about getting a frame then having to build it. Can’t be arsed searching for parts…

amplebrew

I really loved my Kona Unit, but checking Google, they’re a bit more than your budget.

Looks like you can pick one up for £678.

earlanderson
    Free Member

I can recommend the scandal and the unit. running both 29er’s. the kona rigid and the scandal with rebas, much prefer the kona. so simple and light compared to some bikes, so much fun !!!!

kennyboy
    Free Member

Genesis Fortitude? Lovely….

breadcrumb

I have a 2014 Unit, it’s awesome but slightly over your budget. I looked for one second hand but nothing suitable came up, so decided to treat myself.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘29er singlespeed options’ is closed to new replies.