Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • £2900 gift voucher
  • rob13380
    Free Member

Hi all

Bit of a strange post this but I had a bike stolen last week and have now been told via my insurance compnay I have £2900 to spend on a new bike.

I have 3 already and the one stolen was excess in my collection so not really after anything new, so this is a great offer.

I would rather have the cash but cant I have to purchase a bike or 2 bikes or components etc so I am just seeing if there is anyone looking to buy a bike worth this value – from me brand new but at a discounted rate.

I.e you want a scott genius 740 650b – prices at £2399 but only have £2000

Ill buy it and sell it on to you for £2000 CASH

If anyone is interested please do PM me email is in profile

This is 100% genuine no scams involved I just need to swap the “gift voucher” for cash

Cheers

weeksy

I’ll give you £1500 for it.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Can you not insist on getting a cash payout rather than a gift voucher?

jam-bo

insist on cash settlement with the insurance company.

wwaswas

what jam bo said – they can’t force you to accept a voucher.

benji
    Free Member

A very generous offer.

rob13380
    Free Member

Its not a voucher as such just “shop credit” has to be spent with the bike replacement company wheelies???

weeksy

Rob,

It’s been on here loadws….do a search for Wheelies.

They’ll usually give you 15% less in cash.

glupton1976
    Free Member

You ALWAYS have the option to receive cash.

rob13380
    Free Member

Just searched it but cant see anything other than posts on how to do a wheelie

Who do i do this through wheelies or insurance broker??

TiRed

It will be throught the insurance company. I took a mix of 50-50 from Wheelies and cash because one of my bikes was bespoke and another not stocked by Wheelies.

And the number of bikes you need to buy is not specified – you can spend it all on one bike if you like.

rob13380
    Free Member

Yeah this was a cutom dream yeti 575 build which is not stocked at all and they cant get them in.

Ill call insurance tomorrow and see

weeksy

Th first 10 topics on Google using

“wheelies direct cash”

all go to STW threads

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=wheelies+direct+cash

rob13380
    Free Member

ah yeah i searched in here not google, just found a thread and looks like i can potentially get full value as they dont sell the frame i want on their website and cant get it in either.

weeksy

OK, i’ll make it £1600 😉

rob13380
    Free Member

ok so spoken to insurance and bike was insured for £2000 less excess is an payout of £1650 or I spend £2930 with Wheelies

Brain dead to not spend it as I would loose over £1250

Any offer or interest in anew bike from anyone?

weeksy

£2930 is a bloody cracking offer then from them considering

joolsburger
    Free Member

N + 1 you know it makes sense.

justatheory
    Free Member

Was it a named item on your policy? I’ve recently claimed and my insurance referred me to Wheelies I insisted on a cash settlement and they tried offering me significantly less, I refuse and they ended up paying out the full replacement value of the bike.

damascus
    Free Member

Who is the insurance company? I’m looking for a new provider and that sounds pretty good.

Leku
    Free Member

I had a custom built Yeti 5 stolen. Wheelies valued it and I got a full cash settlement.

FuzzyWuzzy

Strange they’ll give you more credit than the bike was insured for. Trouble you’ll have is unless you can transfer the Wheelies credit to someone else (through them) then you’ll get warranty issues that will scare a lot of buyers away from bargain bikes of that value (a warranty is worth more than £400 to me on a £2k+ bike). If you can’t transfer it then I’d be expecting around £2-2.3k for credit for you to buy a bike on someone else’s behalf.

rob13380
    Free Member

Yeah, wheelies valued it against the spec i gave them and although listed on PRESTIGE policy as £2000 which is what i originally paid for it before re build, wheelies pushed for the full spec value.

Im looking at getting the 2014 rockhopper evo £1000 to just sell and giant trance 2014 650b to re sell.

Seems like a sound idea to me

alternatively if someone wants to give me £2500 they can have their pick from the website upto 3k 😉

P20

Wheelies couldn’t supply me with a replacement frame and instructed M&S to pay me. No problems

carlos
    Free Member

Wheelies couldn’t supply me with a replacement frame and instructed M&S to pay me. No problems

This, bike was covered on M&S at the time and they handed over pretty much all of it straight to my bank account.

Could have done without the myther of it being stolen in the first place but it was dealt with very swiftly and smoothly from claim to payout

iainc

so the 2 bikes you have just put up on the classifieds then ? have you bought them, or waiting to see what level of interest there is before ordering ? just wondering as sizes etc not listed…

scotroutes

FWIW, I’d be looking for a much bigger discount off RRP than that!

wrecker
    Free Member

+1. You’d get at least 10% from any decent shop. £500 off £3k isn’t a great deal really.

iainc

esp as a shop would do a similar discount, plus a warranty..

rob13380
    Free Member

They are ordered

both 19″ large

Fair prices I think

granny_ring

The warranty thing is worth taking into consideration tho, if I was buying a ‘new’ bike I’d want to be covered and as has been said before most bikes are with the original owner only.
    Think that would affect the ‘valuation’?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Out of interest why did you order large? Would it not have made more sense to say you could get them in any size then order once you get interest?

rob13380
    Free Member

There are many various things I could have done different better etc.

Of the 5 sizes available Large is the middle.

I have always had large bikes and never had an issue selling them so i thought Large would make sense.

Re the warranty, nothing will be coming registered at all to me – have checked this and they come blank, for me to register on receipt from what Wheelies have told me – this is common place for them as many people just get a bike to sell rather than keep.

The warranty will be with receipt with manuals all in the box when posted to the new owners.

Also these are listed on the Ebay and have over 75 watcher on each so fair amount of Larger riders available.

All im trying to do is raise the cash but thanks everyone for thoughts and advice 😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Did you go for a Crave over the Trance?

granny_ring

Fair play if wheelies take that situation into account for the warranty then!

rob13380
    Free Member

Yeah the Crave over the Trance, LBS shop said buy stuff you would like to own as I know what I like and they know I have good taste ha ha

I have never liked the Trance’s or Giants in general so opted away from it, plus everyone is starting to join the 29er revolution and not overly convinced that 650b will last!

My opinion anyway but im sure a lot of people will object.

With reference to the guy who has removed the posts from the FS forum they are on there way to me today so yes they are owned! and I didnt post an ebay link just mentioned that they are on ebay! Thought that was ok in the rules?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘£2900 gift voucher’ is closed to new replies.