Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 27.5 Soul
  • blisterman1962
    Free Member

Anybody know if the geometry has changed since its first version?

Thanks.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Yes.
    Check out the ‘optimised for inline’ article in the geek section of the cotic website for all the info you need.
    optimised for inline

NormalMan

I think the 27.5 Soul was launched with that geometry.

vincienup
    Free Member

Afaik the Soul275 has the geo it launched with but that’s not the same as the Soul26. I believe the only change since launch has been adding the option of a non-QR tail end on the current batch.

Cotic have all the numbers for current and historic models available on their website, the old stuff is along the bottom of the page…

iainc

^^^ useful. I have a late 26’er and had thought that the new ones were a bit longer. For a medium with 120 forks, the ETT is 21mm longer and the reach 7mm longer, so not much in it unless sat down 🙂

kelvin

Reach is much the same, but with 20mm more travel forks fitted.

iainc

^^^ yeah, I have been finding my 26 Soul a little short recently having swopped my FS to a newer longer lower version, so been looking at geometries a bit. Have ordered wider bars and slightly shorter stem as an initial try.

blisterman1962
    Free Member

Cy confirmed that the 27.5 model geometry is the same as at launch in 2014.

vincienup
    Free Member

Thing to note about the ‘optimised for inline’ geo is that it’s exactly that.

From what Cy says about it, the bike is still designed with a rider in a certain place, but the original design assumed a layback post and longish stem both of which are now unlikely in the real world. The ‘new’ Soul geo simply puts the rider back where the design expects but with a dropper post and short stem. It’s not really a bike that’s had the nuskool rule book thrown at it.

I like mine a lot, currently running 130mm and 760 with 50mm stem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘27.5 Soul’ is closed to new replies.