Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 27.5+ wheelset where are they ???
  • toomuchtime
    Free Member

Hello

I am after some 27.5+ wheels 15mm front and 142×12 rear for 27.5 x 3.0 tyres but I am struggling to find much now am I missing something or are there just not that many about ?
    Any points in the right direction would be ace
    Cheers all

mattvanders
    Free Member

Think 27.5”+ came out after boost was introduced so you might have to get wheels built rather than off the shelf

nixie

I think there were some on here last week. 3″ will be tight though on a non boost frame.

ajantom

I’ve got some Stan’s Baron S1 27.5+ wheels in 100/142 flavour. Bought them in May.

Nice wheels, not too heavy and pretty robust.
    Should still be available if you look around.

Northwind

Plus mostly went away once they realised that you can take a 2.5 tyre, stick a 2.6 logo on it and call that Plus and cash on on the novelty without having to design anything new.

CRC had some awesome prices on Plus rims last month, definitely worth shopping around- wheels are a bigger ask especially because of Boost bullshit happening at about the same time, so probably custom build is the best option.

ducatimonster
    Free Member

Just bought my lad a set of Hunts

https://www.huntbikewheels.com/

toomuchtime
    Free Member

Thanks All ,cant find any Baron’s have found some Lovemud rumpus but a bit hefty

drain

I’ve got a couple of the Rumpus 27.5+ wheelsets, they don’t feel particularly heavy when riding. Can be a really tight fit for some tyres though!

Northwind

Had a look and some of the options at CRC are gone but the ones i went with- the i45 KOM Light- are still in the clearance at £72 for a pair. Now that’s not a recommendation- they seem well made, built up easily but I’ve not ridden them yet. They’re KOMS so I fully expect them to be a bit soft, all the old KOMs were.But at £36 an end I’ll allow a few dents 🙂 (there’s a Tough available too)

nixie

The KOM light looks very much like the scrapper of old. Shame only 45mm is in stock.

I had a set of the alpkit love mud rumpus in the past. They seemed nicely put together, ran smoothly and were really easy to setup tubeless. Just a little on the heavy side. Replaced them with scrapers on DT hubs.

I think sun ringle and halo also make plus wheel sets. Halo definitely do a rim, the vapour 50.

nixie

https://www.halowheels.com/shop/wheels/mtb/vapour-50-wheels-27-5/

Available direct with 100mm/142mm hubs (supadrive rear hub).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘27.5+ wheelset where are they ???’ is closed to new replies.