Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • 2017 Tour de France: Concluding Observations
  • lightman
    Free Member

He drew blood here!

chakaping
    Free Member

Someone tell him about velcro, for everyone’s sake!

maxlite
    Free Member

L’Équipe really did hype things up about Bardet…

“He must conserve his second place or, better still, take advantage of Froome’s failings to rip the yellow jersey from the Sky leader’s shoulders. Romain Bardet has no choice but to pull off an exploit on the streets of Marseilles.”

…..so much pressure on Badet, who in the end was lucky to hold on to third.

He was a great rider to watch, along with Dan Martin….will miss Bertie tho 🙁

mildred

I think this has been one of the great tours.

It was so close for so long, not because nobody was attacking, which they did relentlessly on some stages, but because all of the GC riders were so closely matched. Take Dan Martin, for example; he was arguably in the form of his life – this wasn’t by accident, nor was Ritchie Porte’s phenomenol strength. They’ve all identified what it actually takes to beat Froome.

Teams have clearly taken a step up and in some ways mimicked the formula used by Sky. Froome & Sky knew this was coming so have approached his periodisation differently to years gone by. Coupled with the calibre of riders such as Kwiatlowski acting as domestiques then you can see how hard they’ve worked to take yellow this year.

My biggest observation though is how Froome has developed as a professional; his bike handling (particularly his descending) has vastly improved. Again, this isn’t by happy chance – look at Bardet; his descending is simply awesome, generally matched only by Valverde. Now look at the profile of this year’s tour – it seemed designed for Bardet. Let’s not underestimate just how much the French want a French tour winner – I don’t think this has escaped Froome & Sky, hence we saw a striking improvement in Froome’s downhill ability.

Absolutely great tour – loved it & now slavering at the thought of this year’s Vuelta..!

bikebouy
    Free Member

All my comments on Lunges thread, soz SR not that I don’t support your thread but Lunge did every day schematic..

paton
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXZ4ME33xKQ[/video]

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Turns out Dan Martin fractured his L2 and L3 vertebrae in the Porte crash – no wonder he was walking around like old man Steptoe!

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘2017 Tour de France: Concluding Observations’ is closed to new replies.