Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,710 total)
  • 2016 Olympic Cycling (Spoilers likely!)
  • aracer
    Free Member

There is no such rule AFAIK, it’s simply that the total number of riders is limited – Emma somebody could just ride the TT, but then their team would be a rider short in the road race. I think it’s also total riders across all cycling, so in theory a track rider could ride the TT and still have a full road race team of other riders (I think Van Moorsel might have been the last rider – at least high profile one – to do that, but she probably rode the road race too).

edit: checking results, Van Moorsel won the pursuit, road race and time trial in Sydney

aracer
    Free Member

LOL at CB riding off on the orange bike after his preview – you’d think he’d never ridden a bike before!

legend
    Free Member

The first rider to abandon was Dutch rider Tom Dumoulin, who broke his wrist in the final week of the Tour de France. A favorite for a medal in Wednesday’s time trial, Dumoulin — like all time-trial riders — was required to start the road race to compete in the time trial, but abandoned inside the first 14km.

From: http://cyclingtips.com/2016/08/belgiums-greg-van-avermaet-takes-gold-medal-at-crash-marred-olympic-road-race/

crazy-legs

So EA has already had a bike change (puncture apparently) and is trying to get back on, meanwhile EP is putting the pressure on at the front thus making EA’s job a lot more difficult…

legend
    Free Member

EP probably doesn’t have a clue about what’s happened to EA

crazy-legs

EP probably doesn’t have a clue about what’s happened to EA

She won’t.
    Nikki Harris has realised but she needs to either drop back and pace EA back on or get up to Emma and tell her. Instead she’s just sort of sitting there waiting.

jambalaya
    Free Member

No radio comms in the Olympics so EP won’t know

crazy-legs

All back together except for that lone breakaway.
    Apart from some brief flurries, the peloton are barely ticking along. Maybe this crosswind will liven things up a bit.

back2basics
    Free Member

Is the BBC covering this on Freeview or is it just online?

crazy-legs

Cobbled section to come, this could be interesting when the peloton hits it…

Is the BBC covering this on Freeview or is it just online?

Red button.

back2basics
    Free Member

red button aint up here in scotland!

fifeandy
    Free Member

It was scheduled to come on BBC1 – not sure when – watching MTB XC WC first. Hopefully timings work to swap to the end of the RR after, then swap back for the mens MTB.

crazy-legs

Safe to say, this probably isn’t working out well for GB…

beej

And EP brings back the break by herself.

crazy-legs

No she doesn’t!!

beej

Got within 12 seconds then they’ve let it go out again!

aracer
    Free Member

WTF is NH doing dragging the peleton back to EP?

crazy-legs

I don’t think she was, at least not actively but there’s a lot of weird tactics in this so far from various countries.

xico
    Free Member

What channel is this on please? My red button doesn’t seem to be working tonight!

aracer
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

Didn’t see those cobbles yesterday.

Did they lay them specifically for the race?

xico
    Free Member

iPlayer, thanks but, I don’t have that! Just an ordinary TV.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How are you on here ?

whitestone
    Free Member

@chapaking – They were on the mens course as well. From the commentary it seems like they are a pedestrian or some light traffic area of some sort. The tarmac sections to the side are for the TT course.

beej

Gruppo compatto.

crazy-legs

Can’t see Nikki Harris in it anywhere though…

aracer
    Free Member

It seems a shame the women don’t at least do 2 finishing circuits, as it is there’s a long gap between the next to last climb and the final one which comes very close to the finish. Would give more opportunity for the climbers to forge something from further out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Specialized must be happy. Colder weather today, orange frames!

fifeandy
    Free Member

PFP looking strong. Do we think after a poor year she’s finally going to be on form for the XC?

crazy-legs

If ever there was a collection of riders not to let go up the road, that would be it!
    The Aussie girl sitting on the back isn’t winning herself any friends though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Getting irked by the commentator saying “Marianna” instead of Marianne.

Grrr.

crazy-legs

She is actually Marianna, that’s the Dutch pronunciation in spite of the spelling. She answers to either though.

Still remember riding with her at RideLondon in 2014 and a string of guys sitting on her wheel all grimacing as they tried to hang in there. Most amusing. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh. I see! I stand partially corrected then!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oooh! Getting spicy now!

crazy-legs

Yep, blowing to pieces now. Suddenly it’s become a good race.

wallop

That spinning anteater on BBC1 made me feel dizzy

kilo

Rubbish bbc coverage, swapping from 1 to 2 with a big gap, so they can update us with some swimmers p.b at a crucial stage

back2basics
    Free Member

finally BBC1 after most of the race is done. stupid coverage. this aint no heat or semi final, this is all or nothing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Been live on the red button or online with no interruptions.

Quit whining! 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

i….. plaaaaayeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrr…. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,710 total)

The topic ‘2016 Olympic Cycling (Spoilers likely!)’ is closed to new replies.