Viewing 40 posts - 2,721 through 2,760 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Gatts doing a great impression of John Redwood with the anthem!!!

The whole team need to spend time in the the same crack den. Great start.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

French ref!

😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Blimey.

wiggles
    Free Member

surprisingly impressed with webb so keeping the pace up.

dannyh
    Free Member

Piss poor France at the moment.

Halfbacks have to run the game, these two are gash. The three quarters are also standing still in midfield and not hitting the ball at pace, making them standing targets. Basic stuff.

molgrips
    Free Member

Glad I’m not French today.. Feel sorry for the supporters!

anagallis_arvensis

Rolland does love his stop start games.

wiggles
    Free Member

Good half a game, a scrum won and 3 points to finish on a big positive!

dannyh
    Free Member

YEEEEESSSSSS.

Thats what the new scrum laws are for. Good technique and power from Wales, power scrummaging French hooker can’t strike for the ball because he doesn’t have the technique to strike quickly while going backward. One against the head, you beauty.

France really haven’t turned up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Love to see a ball won against the head. Strong scrummaging.

Wales committing no one to rucks, making it really hard for the French to get any space.

dannyh
    Free Member

The new laws have already seen the return of the technical scrummaging prop, let’s hope it also sees the return of the technical hooker as well. Anyone remember the likes of John Olver? Or even Phil Greening?

wiggles
    Free Member

Really surprised how well the lineouts are going without AW Jones, but the French are really not working together, curse of the French half back selection yet again?

Really happy warbs and lydiate have upped their game.

dannyh
    Free Member

Wrong two props gone in my opinion, but they were really leaving him with no option. Jones is getting the arse because he can’t just bully Domingo, but Domingo has no intention of keeping the scrum up if he is not being watched closely.

Right call from Rolland IMO.

anagallis_arvensis

Only 25 mins of Rolland left cant come soon enough imo.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Is it me or is Bastereaud a weak link in this French team?

wiggles
    Free Member

Agree 2 props needed to go but maybe not the right two.

Priestland has got stuck in and made some good tackles and I’m far from his biggest fan.

dannyh
    Free Member

Basteraud is clearly not fit. And I don’t mean injured.

dannyh
    Free Member

Adam jones has to realise that Wales have the points on the board. He can just do a ‘Trevor Woodman’ and simply hold Domingo up. No need to try to smash him, just hold him up, win the strike if it is your own put-in and go from there. Just like when Woodman did this to the useless Al Baxter in the 03 wc final.

This is where the percentage game comes in……

anagallis_arvensis

Rolland has no feel for the game and that is a fine example.

dannyh
    Free Member

And that is what a centre running a good line and hitting the ball at pace does………..

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Danny that’s easier said than done. Domingo is purposely taking the scrum down as he is under pressure. The Wales scrum is dominant and it is Domingo who should have been binned. Mas slipped on the double sun bin.

wiggles
    Free Member

Great running from Roberts and finish from Warburton, picamoles being silly and cost his team those 7 points

dannyh
    Free Member

Blindmelon.

You are correct, but that is what you have to do against slippery customers like Domingo.

To be honest, it looks like France have only come to play the ref and try to win penalties. To some extent they have succeeded, but not enough as they have offered nothing elsewhere. Tres merde.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Blimey guys have “some” faith – this is a home match and crappy old England almost beat them in Paris and you are much better than we are.

POSTED 5 HOURS AGO #

I told you fair weather taffies* (are allowed that term?) to have faith.

Cardiff spirit, Warbs as solid as ever. Gethin back on form. Priestland making big hits and DDan hitting the lines.

Great to see. Open up the 6N nicely!!!!

* hope that’s ok! It’s meant in the friendly way.

Good to see Warbs back to his quite effective self. A man you want on your side.

Old Webbie is playing better that spikey too.

ElVino

Watching the game in French, what did Picamole actually do for yellow? They are not repeating it

dannyh
    Free Member

I don’t know what the linesman has been doing on the welsh put in, though.

It is clear that all Jones can see of Domingo is the number one upside down about a foot below his eyeline. However, since he was getting little support from the officials he has to just accept it and play the percentages.

wiggles
    Free Member

Hibbard seems to have lost the pzazz he had in the autumn, but doing a good enough job and Owens is a fairly solid sub. Besterud is not causing any real problems to anyone.

dannyh
    Free Member

Time to blow the whistle ASAP. A shite match, chiefly caused by the French not wanting to play rugby. The right result, a good stuffing despite it not being a try fest.

Rolland has not been brilliant, but he can’t actually get in the middle of the front rows and force them to stay up if they don’t want to. You can’t make honey out of dog shit after all.

anagallis_arvensis

Hibbard put in a good shift but when he got tired his darts went. Owens is a good player.. Pleased for Jake Ball he put in a good tackling and rucking game too.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Well done Wales you can only play what’s in front of you.

Lets hope for better watching tomorrow.

wiggles
    Free Member

Real positive game, everyone was solid especially the forwards very impressed with ball and Webb fitting straight in, back to a good solid base to build on but not enough opposition to really test them.

anagallis_arvensis

Gives me a horrible decision to make tomorrow!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Gives me a horrible decision to make tomorrow

😀

You know it makes sense! 😉

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m 1/4 Irish so makes it even more difficult for me to want them to lose.

jambalaya
    Free Member

How can a stadium with a roof have such a poor pitch, nearly ruined the match. Surprised Adam Jones wasn’t taken off sooner the worst game I’ve ever seen him play. Wales were simply good enough and very professional. A perfect example of how you’re never sure which French team will turn up. Plisson is a talented young player but I thought that the dominance of non-French 9/10 in the top 14 showed, they need more depth there. 9 was appalling.

I see this as a tournament of home advantage so far, England will get the job done. I’ll be raising a glass or two for BOD and he’ll get a big cheer from me, could be the last time he’ll run out at Twickenham.

toys19
    Free Member

Pahmymoney is on ireland tomorrow. Well done wales. I knew this would happen. Wales will win now.

anagallis_arvensis

Jambalaya you answer your first question in the same sentence and your appraisal of Adam Jones is just plain odd. Firstly did you see the Ireland game and secondly he was a major factor in a dominant scrum and did well in the loose. The ref playing scrum penalty roulette shouldnt sway you. Thirdly did you see how his replacement got on? Mind you having a very raw Scarlets second choice loosehead as tighthead cover for Wales is shit.

Pigface
    Free Member

Great win for Wales, was trying to listen on the radio as I was driving home but the reception was horrible 😕 Will watch it today.

Now come on Ireland 😆

gordimhor

AH well I reckon Italy will edge it today in a low scoring game. I am hoping for an improvement from Scotland and I reckon they will improve but not by enough.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The suns out in Rome, will confuse the Scots!
    They will burn in the first 20 minutes then the Italians will keep getting the ball by slapping the pink bits!

(coming from a bloke who burns when shown a photo of the sun.. ;))

Viewing 40 posts - 2,721 through 2,760 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.