Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 2013 Carbon Stumpy – which crown race do I need?
  • siwhite
    Free Member

Please excuse the very basic question, which demonstrates just how out of touch I’ve become – I’ve owned a Cannondale for the last 10 years so tapered heatsets are still something of a mystery…..

I’m building a 2013 Stumpjumper Evo (carbon frame 29er, if that matters…) with a set of Pikes and I’m stuck on the headset. The frame came with upper and lower sealed bearings, plus a split taper for the upper race and a cover for the upper bearing (FSA branded, which I think was standard). Both sealed bearings seem to run on bearing surfaces bonded into the frame.

My issue is that the lower sealed bearing needs some form of crown race to interface with the forks, which I don’t have. Are these available separately? I’ve been googling most of the evening without finding a definitive answer. I’d rather not drop £50 on a whole new headset like THIS when all I need is the crown race (bottom left in the link, unless I’m mistaken….)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer…

tomhoward

Did it not come with one?

Do they?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘2013 Carbon Stumpy – which crown race do I need?’ is closed to new replies.