Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2 weeks "holidays" at in-laws', HELP!
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

How do I survive? No bike there sadly due to the complete lack of storage. Short of telling her she can't cook, which will see me banned for life, or listening to German music, which will see me hung and quartered, is there anything else I can do? I'm considering learning book-keeping there. Surely, widening my horizons is going to be a positive?

Stoner
    Free Member

is it in germany?

Then cultivate your long standing interest in German Euro-grot. In the living room.

falkirk-mark

Go out and buy a proper holiday you miserable b@$(@rd 😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

It isn't in Germany, I'd be off to Berlin immediately. And no, I can't buy another holiday, my wife was promised any hols she fancied (you say things when you want more sex, don't you;-) ). I'm considering building a singlespeed Marin, taking it there and keeping in the car's boot.

kimbers

do they live near a bmx track?
    buy a 50 quid bmx lock it up outside and learn how to get rad

Hairychested
    Free Member

In a block of flats, you are banned from keeping cycles on the balcony, sadly.

StirlingCrispin

Dude – I feel your pain.
    Where are you?

When forced to endure two weeks at the in-laws (in a crappy mining town in Ontario during the depths of winter) I was driven into the countryside by the mother-in-law, dropped off, and would then spend the next few hours walking back home.

Got me out the house and I got some exercise too.

Harry_the_Spider

Sounds hideous. Where is it?

chakaping
    Free Member

Two weeks is just cruel.

Can't you develop a pressing reason why you can only get one week off work?

Harry_the_Spider

1) Jump off balcony
    2) 10 days in hospital

Sorted.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I would think a quick appearance of flu-like symptoms punctuated with the occasional squeeeeeel should do the trick. (Don't forget to mention your recent close collaboration with some colleagues from Mexico)

solamanda
    Free Member

Just take your bike and leave it in the boot. Invest in a good lock and cobble together a locking point. Otherwise buy something dirty cheap and sell after.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Luckily booze is VERY cheap in Poland, as is BBQ'able meat. I've just been told to take my bike with me otherwise you'll be such a pain. Hurray! Victory! So it's a Marin with Blacks, singlespeed, old Hopes, some bits laying about, will do. Good enough to ride to a pub and back 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2 weeks "holidays" at in-laws', HELP!’ is closed to new replies.