Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 18650 batteries
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

What is the correct name for those with both poles at one end? Not merely flat end, although they are. I do not believe that they are made exclusively for Bike Hut front lights.

cp

Moon lights have/had them as well.

Really hard to get hold of

mattsccm
    Free Member

Halfords do them but I reckon there must be another use besides cheap bike lights.

CountZero

Never heard of 18650 cells with both terminals at one end. I’ve got quite a few with the regular + = Top, – = bottom for a variety of flashlights, plus more 14500 cells, which are like a AA, but 3.7v, but never anything like that.

acidchunks

It’s an 18490 in my storm pro auto. Apparently the number describes the dimensions of the battery, it’s not a specific type like AA or LR14.

This is a different size to the one in my light but you’ll get the idea

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Accessories-Headlights-Multi-Coloured-Multicoloured/dp/B0BB2B2J68

smudge
    Free Member

No specific name. More than likely you have a 18650 cell with a specially designed protection circuit fitted which has both the Pos and Neg contacts on the other side of it with two metal circular contacts.

If you are having problems sourcing I can usually build a compatible replacements but require the original battery/protection circuit.

richmars

As cp says, used on Moon front lights from a few years ago (maybe still).
    Just do a search on ‘moon cycle light spare battery’.

smoothtalent
    Free Member

Never seen them with poles at both ends. If you find some, post them here. I would be curious what they look like.

Northwind

To convert the ones with no “bump” on either end so they can be used in series, we used to use wee round magnets, basiscally just create your own terminal. Would that work here?

jamiemcf

No idea but off topic. My original petzl nao had one and the battery was on the way out. Very few replacements out there with the circuitry and wee plug.

hot_fiat

I’d give Mark at mtbbatteries a shout. He’s extremely helpful.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.