• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 18" Inbred ..What shortest length steerer..
  • crazant
    Free Member

Ordered a 18" Inbred and have been offered some forks with a 173mm steerer, Do you think i'll get away with it??
    Would i be right in thinking the headtube is 105mm..so 10mm either end for headset then 50mm for stem..
    Anyone confirm if this would be about right..

Cheers
    Anthony

tron
    Free Member

If my memory is correct, the stock inbred comes with a 190mm steerer and a 20mm spacer, with the FSA XL2 headset. So 173 might needa a 5mm spacer to give you some room to tension the top cap. Bars will be low though.

z1ppy

I'd agree with Tron, I measured mine (and made a note of it so I could watch out for bargain forks) and believe the minimum you could get away with is around 175mm.

This is for a std inbred not a 456.

wwaswas

I run a 160mm steerer on my medium inbred but I did need to get a very 'short' stem to do so (35mm) and I run no spacers. so 173 shoudl be ok with amore standard stem.

Crank bros iodine headsets are very low stack height (but I managed ot use my existing cane creek s8).

cp

yeah, you'd be OK. How does the 173 steerer compare to your current set up? If your current steerer is any longer, you may find that the bars feel a bit low and you need a higher rise stem/bars…. but then fork length also plays a part…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘18" Inbred ..What shortest length steerer..’ is closed to new replies.