• This topic has 21 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by bleue.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 141x 9 qr boost hub options
  • kayak23

It’s like this see. I have this Marin Pine Mountain rigid from 2018 I think.

Been having issues with the drive and so have inspected the cup and cone hubs (remember them?)

Looks like a have a fair bit of pitting inside the cup so I might have to replace it.

The hub is some crazy ass standard and is 141×9 qr made by Joytech, on 38mm rims.

Anyone know about a replacement hub or whole wheel for this?
    It seems a pretty middling quality hub really.

scotroutes

Hope

kayak23

Yes, yes I do.

Oh,I see what you mean.

I was kinda hoping for a solution that didn’t cost about as much as the bike cost me… 🤔

forked
    Free Member

You can buy adapters for 142 x 12mm hubs, to take them down to 9mm for QR dropouts.

Adapter

slackboy

141 QR is a boost spaced hub with qr end caps.

quite a few treks have them

Bontrager Line 40 27.5″ Boost 141 MTB Wheel | Triton Cycles

Or as said above you can convert a DT Swiss or Hope boost hub by sticking QR end caps on

2018 Trek Roscoe 8 Rear Boost 141 Hub Upgrade! – YouTube

or there is a deore level hub too

FH-MT500-B (shimano.com)

sillyoldman

Hope or DT Boost hubs with the QR end caps fitted rather than the 12mm end caps is what you need. You can probably do the same with other hubs, but parts are readily available for Hope and DT to make the conversion.

cp

Superstar offer their hubs with 141×9 adaptors. As mentioned, it’s a boost hub shell with QR end caps.

kayak23

Thanks folks. On the money as ever 👌👊

woody2000

I use a superstar v3 boost rear hub with qr end caps on exactly the same bike 👍

Though now I’ve seen that adapter above I may well re-purpose a hope hub I’ve got. 142 or 141 won’t make any practical difference I expect

simondbarnes

Though now I’ve seen that adapter above I may well re-purpose a hope hub I’ve got. 142 or 141 won’t make any practical difference I expect

The disc mount will be in the wrong place for a start.

woody2000

By how much Simon? By 1mm or am I missing something?

I’m talking about the sleeve adapter that slots into the 142×12 hub, presumably it doesn’t change the width.

simondbarnes

A 141mm hub is a boost (148mm) hub with qr adaptors
    A 142×12 hub is a 135 hub with 12mm adaptors

It isn’t just a 1mm difference, it is a different hub shell.

woody2000

Yes, but that adapter just slots through the existing 12mm adapter and reduces the diameter so the width is still 142mm,  not 135.

woody2000

Edit – I realise now what you mean. Silly me! Cheers

parahandy

I’d same issue with my Pine Martin turns out the bearings in the freehub were shot. There’s nothing to identify the hub or freehub but I took a punt at this from Decathlon. Replaced wheel bearings at the same time and all good again.

parahandy

parahandy
    bleue
    Free Member

Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you know if an 11 speed cassette will fit on the bontrager wheel/hub? thanks

nixie

Any 11 speed cassette should fit as long as your match the freehub type. Do you have a SRAM XD or Shimano HG freehub?

bleue
    Free Member

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m pretty sure it’s an shimano hg I have a pine mountain 1 with a sun race 11-42 tooth cassette on joytech hubs if that helps?

nixie

The linked bontrager wheel at Triton says it comes with a Shimano freehub. Based on 11t lowest on your current cassette that sounds like HG so I’d bet on it fitting.

bleue
    Free Member

You’ve been so helpful thank you!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘141x 9 qr boost hub options’ is closed to new replies.