Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 120mm, 1+1/8th QR fork- budget £250, any bargains out there?
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I was sorted but unfortunately 120mm in CRC language is actually 100mm 😆

Anything better than a two year old (new stock though) Recon Gold TK? Air preferably please!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I am sort of in the same boat, pisser, isn’t it?

2 years ago you could ‘send it’ on a rad bike with 160mm forks and a 1 and 1/8 steerer.

Now you need the stiffness of a tapered steerer on a 100-120mm travel cross country fork or it will just not be stiff enough. and will shatter and kill you.

FFS.

Cferg
    Free Member

There are some good deals on Manitou forks on CRC. I got the marvel pro 120mm for £160. There are other Manitou forks there also, can’t comment on the performance yet but it feels solid out the box, light weight and well made.

kilo

i was lookin at these recently but didn’t buy in the end;

http://www.highonbikes.com/controls/forks-road/x-fusion-enix-rl-suspension-forks-26-120mm-1-1-8-black.html

mrs has had x fusion on her ibis for 18 months with no probs

Northwind

You’re obviously looking new but I’ve got a really nice condition set of Sid RCT3s, literally unridden since being serviced by Loco earlier this year so not far off new condition… Was hoping for more really but I could do ’em for your budget as I’m not going to rebuild the bike they were for.

big_scot_nanny

Recommend the manitous from CRC. Just put a set of 80mm 9mmQR on the wives bike an they are sweet.

I had a pair of 120mm QRs for a while on my HT, but for a big lad it was way to easy to blow through the travel as they have a mechanical spring as well as air. I would think stock spring is fine if you are below 200lbs, but over that it is impossible to get the firmer spring as far as I can tell.

Shame. However, they are on the spare bike and have done good service for 6 years now with only a stantion lube as maintenance.

rob2
    Free Member

Merlin have 2013 reba rl 100mm for £ 270 less £27 so £253. It would be worth a call as they might just be spaced down. If so you could just remove the spacer. They might be fixed at 100mm hence I’d phone them up.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Sadly no Manitou option fits the criteria and the Reba’s I have (2013) cannot be adjusted without parts

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Daytime crew, any suggestions?

15/20mm an option if under £200!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

but over that it is impossible to get the firmer spring as far as I can tell.

Email Manitou and ask for the clydesdale spring, they sent me one FOC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘120mm, 1+1/8th QR fork- budget £250, any bargains out there?’ is closed to new replies.