We are told that our new all-over “Camo Whamo” hoodie is incredibly fashionable right now… which is nice if you give a hoot about such things. If you would rather…
If you’re the distributor for a bike brand, how do you draw attention to yourself? Sponsor some great riders? Win some races? Do a like, tag, share competition on Instagram? Or, paint your bike to match your Porsche?
It looks as though Stefan, the owner of RTB Bikes – the German distributor of Antidote Bikes – has no qualms about attention seeking. Look at the colour of that car! What is it? Crisp Apple maybe? Snot Rocket Pearl? Lime Tingle?
The colour is apparently ‘Mamba Green Metallic’, which seems a terrible choice of name for a car paint – don’t green mamba snakes like to wrap themselves around trees? Lime Tingle seems much better.
[Stefan] didn’t have to look far for inspiration when he built his 2020 Carbonjack 29. The goal was simple. His new superbike had to perfectly match his supercar – the 2019 Porsche Panamera GTS Sport TurismoRTB Bikes
Oh, isn’t it terrible when your superbike doesn’t match your supercar? We hate it too, when our Berlingo doesn’t match our bike. Why aren’t there more Ti cars out there?
They’ve gone to town making this thing scream ‘look at me!’. Antidote Bikes produce their frames entirely in-house in Poland, and have their own paint shop offering custom paintwork, so getting the bike the right colour was the easy part. They’ve managed to snag some Trickstuff Direttissima brakes, there are oilslick SRAM AXS parts too, plus a smattering of oil slick parts elsewhere to bring the colour scheme together.
It’s quite the build, but we find ourselves being distracted by the WHITE walls, and the block paving. It’s all so neat, and clean. Surely just a little bit of moss, or the odd dandelion, could have helped make us feel just a little less inadequate?
Antidote Carbonjack 29 Custom Build Specification
- Frame: 2020 Antidote Carbonjack 29, size XL, Custom Paint Mamba Green Metallic
- Fork: Öhlins RXF Air 160mm, custom decals
- Shock: Öhlins TTX 22M 210x55mm, custom color
- Wheelset: MDuro Carbon rims, Chris King hubs, Sapim D-Light spokes
- Front tyre: Onza Porcupine 29 x 2,4 TRC 60 TPI Tubeless Ready
- Rear tyre: Onza Porcupine 29 x 2,4 TRC 60 TPI Tubeless Ready
- Tubeless valves: SUPACAZ Ventil Star Valvez 50mm, oil slick Brakes: Trickstuff Direttissima, 4 piston, black
- Brake adapter: Intend PMPM+20/23
- Disc rotors: Trickstuff Dächle HD 203 Heavy-Duty
- Drivetrain: SRAM XX1 eagle AXS DUB 1×12 Groupset, Boost, 175mm cranks
- Pedals: DMR Vault, custom paint
- Headset: Intend Stiffmaster, 14mm stack height, ZS44 / Cane Creek 40 ZS56
- Stem: Intend Grace FR 35mm
- Handlebar: Antidote Candy Ray 810mm, 34mm rise
- Grips: ODI Rogue Lock-On, 130mm
- Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb AXS A1 170mm, 30,9mm
- Saddle: Ergon GE1 Factory oilslick
- Actual bike weight: 14.9 kg
If you had access to a custom spray shop, what beloved thing in your life would you be matching your bike to? Your car? Your dog? Maybe you’ve already built your own dream build colour coordinated machine – if so, tell us about it. Hmm… maybe we need a purple and orange birthday edition bike?
Photos: Jakub Reichhart
Singletrack Sponsored Features
Featured Premier Partner
Meanwhile, in the forum..
If you like what we do - if you like our independence then the best way to support us is by joining us. Every penny of your membership goes back into Singletrack to pay the bills and the wages of the people who work here. No shareholders to pay, just the people who create the content you love to read and watch.